“Paradise lost” 1 of 5 stars

01902 893666
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Paradise lost”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We tried this restaurant as we eat out regularly and thought we'd give it a chance. We were one of two tables in the restaurant and were shown to our table by the young waitress who promptly informed us of the items not available on the menu. I ordered the pasta ribbons in a duck sauce for a starter which was very unpleasant. My wife has a very strong constitution and even she couldn't eat it. My main course was plaice fillets stuffed with Parma ham in a white wine sauce. The sauce tasted like it was out of a jar, overall not very good at all. My wife had the seafood risotto and she left most of it. We had a bottle of wine with our meal, I had a couple of beers and my wife a cocktail as an aperitif and the bill was £88. Overall very poor food, very little atmosphere and a huge bill. We didn't complain at the time as the waitress wasn't the person to speak to and the chef was in the kitchen downstairs, we just thought we'd put it down to experience.

Visited April 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Not for foodies!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went to this place last year and had a poor experience, but decided to give it another chance at the end of April, again on a Saturday night. The place was at least half empty which is always a bad sign.The young staff were cheerful but not at all trained nor able to answer questions or respond to concerns. One special dish was judged to be very good, the other four starters and mains were poor or at best mediocre. After complaining, an offer was made to cook something else to replace the worst, but we had totally lost confidence in the place by that time so didn't take it up. Usually one would expect the manager to appear, but instead the staff were put in the position of relaying messages up and down from the kitchen. If you really appreciate good food and competent service then look somewhere else.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Not been here for many years….”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We had a cosy table for two in the corner. The food was very good; there was enough on the menu to tempt me, even if the veggie options were a little scarce for my wife! What she had though she rated very highly.
Service was good, just the right pace for us. As its local we will eat here again. The prices are reasonable, about right for the quality of what we had.
It was VERY quiet though, hopefully just a slow night!

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wolverhampton, England, United Kingdom
“Nice food, but quiet and pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

The food was good, but not fantastic. There wasn't a lot of people in there considering it was a Saturday night. The staff were fairly good, but could have been a little more professional.

The prices are higher than what I would have expected to pay for the food we received. The menu isn't very big and they were out of a fair few things.

That said, the inside is nicely decorated and it's generally a nice place to eat. They have a favourite beer or mine, Morretti, which I recommend.

This restaurant is not for families, or people who struggle using stairs.

Visited April 2013
“Real food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We have been a number of times & have never been anything other than impressed by the quality of the food & service. On this occasion, we were a party of 7, and all left the restaurant more than content with our various choices. My starter was the mussels & my wife had raved about these on a previous visit. I was not disappointed, it was as good as I have had anywhere. The sea bream was also a delight, cooked to perfection. My final course of panacotta was also top notch & rounded off a most pleasant evening. Paradiso is a welcome change to the average restaurant & more than merits a return (hopefully soon)