“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ardington Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Worthing
The Ardington Hotel
You added The Ardington Hotel to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Steyne Gardens, Worthing BN11 3DZ, England   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Worthing
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Ardington Hotel in Worthing for two nights in July 2013. We were recommended this hotel by a friend who lives in Worthing and he did not let us down at all. The staff in all parts of the hotel are amazingly polite and conscientious. Nothing was a problem or a bother. They were always smiling and helpful. Good old fashioned service that nowadays seems to be going out of style.
Our bedroom at the front of the hotel overlooked the Skene park. There was a little bit of noise from the road around the park, but not too intrusive. The room was very well equipped and immaculately clean. The bathroom was positively showroom clean!
We ate the first night in the bar, and found the menu to be a little lacking in choice, although the food we did choose was lovely.
The second night we ate in the Indigo Restaurant of the hotel. The food was gorgeous. Whoever is running the kitchen deserves a medal or a pay rise, because it was so tasty and so well presented. The waiting staff in the restaurant were very attentive and had full knowledge of the menu and answered all questions quite happily without needing to refer to the kitchen.
My only (very minor) complaint would be about the hot breakfast buffet. I really don't like the trend towards these buffet breakfasts. The food is always badly prepared and looks very tired. The bacon is always badly cooked and never crisp. This is a universal complaint and not just directed at the Ardington. A breakfast cooked to order is always to be preferred.
However, apart from this little gripe, I would have no hesitation in recommending the Ardington to anyone and would certainly stay there again myself.

Room Tip: If road noise annoys you, ask for a room at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Chudleigh, Devon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was my second stay at the Ardington. My first stay was about 4 years ago and I recalled an old fashioned, quirky hotel that was a refreshing change to the more bland modern approach.

This time however I couldn't believe the room I was allocated. Worse than the smallest student room I had in the 90's. Much closer to emergency local authority accommodation than the £75 per night I was charged. Tiny,tiny room, looking into a courtyard. Really dated fixtures and fittings. En-suite compact but of a much higher standard.

I arrived after a very long day and drive, and was late to meet friends for food....I'm therefore ashamed to say I didn't immediately complain and request a different room (or hotel)!

It's a half decent hotel overall. Breakfast was fine. Just make sure you ask to check your room before accepting it.......otherwise you're truly playing russian roulette.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have never visited Indigos before but I found it to be a very enjoyable lucheon experience indeed. The staff were very pleasant and were great hosts and the food was even better. I will return soon.

A++++

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Winchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We booked a family room at this hotel not expecting very much as hotels in Worthing are not renowned for their sophistication.

But we were very pleasantly surprised. Inside, contemporary styling and photography on the walls gives the hotel definite chic appeal while the room we had was spacious and well decorated.

We were impressed by the over-sized, quality bath towels (a definite improvement on your average medium priced teeny weeny hotel towel!) good quality toiletries in a really spotless bathroom and a very good breakfast indeed.

I regularly stay in five-star hotels and can't bear things done on the cheap. But here you'll get a quality sausage with your full English breakfast, warm croissants, a proper cup of coffee and surprisingly good service for a small hotel.

When the co-owner of the hotel who waited attentively and efficiently on everyone at breakfast told us he was trained at The Savoy, it showed!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Northampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

The location of the Hotel is very good. Close to the town and sea front. The rooms are of reasonable size and clean. The welcome on arrival, from the friendly red haired receptionist, was extremely warm and welcoming. The hotel is a bit pricey at £116 per night.

So why the score of 2 out of 5?

We had an unexpected problem. Help from the hotel was lacking. As a result we had no choice but to check out (we had used the room for about an hour) and travel 160 miles back home as every other hotel and guest house, as it was May bank holiday weekend, was fully booked.

As I was checking out the hotel's phone kept ringing with callers asking for room availability. I asked the receptionist (unfortunately not the same friendly lady from earlier) if the room could be again let, hoping for understanding from the hotel due to our genuine unexpected emergency. NO CHANCE! The response 'there are no cleaners'. All we had used in the room was to make a cup of tea. The cups could have been washed and the room re-let. I would have washed the cups myself if it would help! I appreciate the hotel is a business but normally if a room can be re-let and you have an emergency there will be some understanding. Not here!

If you have a problem watch the hotel take your money and run!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

Adequate but over priced hotel. Good location, almost on seafront and close to shops. Average breakfast but was more, like what one would get from a hotel charging £60+, rather than £110+. Stop here if you really need to, but there surely must be cheaper alternatives of this standard locally.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bexhill, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have stayed in Worthing on several occasions, and have had the misfortune of picking some howlers! This is definitely the best of what there is to offer, although we still had a few niggles. We specified that we wanted double occupancy, as that is how they price their rooms, but then there were only enough towels in the bathroom for one person. The room itself was modern and of a good size, as was the bathroom. There were plenty of pillows although they were quite hard! We booked the hotel as they were offering a special rate for the bank holiday, and were told when we got there that we had been upgraded to a premium room, I have to say that I would have been a little disappointed with it all if we had paid the going rate as whilst it was nice, our window overlooked some sort of extraction system. The breakfast was nice, a lot of choice but the bacon was a little cold on arrival and they forgot the baked beans! Overall though it was nice and good value for money at the REDUCED rate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the gardens at the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ardington Hotel? Share your experiences!