“Magnificent Mahaan!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
West Sussex
“Magnificent Mahaan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We chose to go to the Mahaan on Christmas Day and had a wonderful meal with friends and family. The food was even better than it normally is - and it's normally wonderful!

The service given by the waiting staff is exemplary - nothing is too much trouble, and its always given with a smile. This restaurant is the best in Worthing and I don't understand any of the reviews that say otherwise. I'm very hard to please and have very high expectations and I have never had anything but great food and service at this fantastic restaurant.

My son recently ordered a takeaway and told me it was delicious - and delivered very promptly!

Well done all at the Mahaan

75% Recommend
uk
“Gone downhill”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Visited there twice recently - the second time just to make sure. Food was Ok - but delivered the wrong food, and asked if it was ok if we had that instead. As the other food was at the table, too late to send back and wait for it all again.
Also tales from friends of being moved from the table to the 'bar' area after the meal, despite many empty tables.
Was excellent in its day - I now think it's trading on its reputation and not the current standard of food being served. New ownership perhaps?

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

We visited Mahaan with friends last Saturday and we were very impressed with the food,atmosphere,decor and everything really what we wouldn't give to have an Indian of this quality and value in the Lake District! I really couldn't fault the place! So Mahaan if you want to open a branch in Windermere your welcome! Thanks for a great early evening meal as we had three kids with us we ate early but the place was rapidly filling up! Certainly a Hi-Octane Indian experience,WELL DONE :-)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Bad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

Yes, mahaan use to be very good, now is it the plaice, where the preice is high, food avarage, and the service, by take a way a on phone, hmm, rude, yea, no more .

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“3rd time and excellent food every time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I visited my stepson and his wife in Worthing last weekend and we ordered takeaway meals from Mahaan. As usual the food arrived hot, fresh and delicious. The food is always flavoursome and succulent, not just lumps of meat in a variety of sauces. Perhaps one day we'll get round to having a meal in the restaurant but I can definitelt recommend the takeaway food. My only complaint would be that when you order online there is no description of the various dishes which means that I only order dishes that I've already tried as I know what's in them. Get your online menu updated Mahaan and people might be tempted to be more adventurous.

• Visited November 2012