“Little Gem” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Guest House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Avalon Guest House
You added Avalon Guest House to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   8 Windsor Road, Worthing BN11 2LX, England   |
Ranked #15 of 32 Worthing B&B and Inns
london
“Little Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had been visiting a friend at the local hospital and due to the snow fall could not get back home and stumbled across this most charming B&B.

Without a booking I knocked on the door and was greeted by Pauline, she kindly offered me a cuppa(to help brave these Arctic conditions) whilst Mathew(I believe the son) took my bag to the room and made me feel very welcome.

The room and bathroom were lovely, airy and spotless, the bed of extreme comfort. Waking up nice and toasty, breakfast followed. Oh my! What a treat! Full English, was even asked how I like my bacon done! I also noticed a good selection of cereals and fruits. The condiments were presented in these tiny minature Hienz Ketchup bottles, which I just loved!

For such a low charging B&B, the accommodation, service and quality of breakfast were superior to many other establishments up and down the country which charge upto 4 times as much!

Upon leaving, I noted to Pauline that I admired her coasters, to which she shoved 8 of them into a bag for me! Not a bad start to the year! Thank you Pauline and Mathew, for providing me with such a great value friendly stay.

Room Tip: Room 2, has a lovely balcony.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Due to an almighty cock-up or just bad luck I found myself waiting around a month for a flat to become available. Pauline and Mathew were then my hosts for all of December whilst I waited for the agents and the landlord and the previous tennants to sort it out amongst themselves.

I found this little place very relaxed and friendly with enthusiastic service in abundance. I was very well looked after By a very Sweet Mother and friendly, efficient son.

I stayed in room 2 which was ideal as i has a balcony and me being a smoker meant i didn't have to trapes downstairs and out front to do so. Please extinguise your fags sensibly!

My only gripe is not exclusive to any particular establishment as I find it everywhere. Can we please have quilts and not sheets and blankets and can we please have more powerful showers? Like I say this is something I find in hotels and guesthouses everywhere, so it's not directed to Avalon anymore than anywhere else I've stayed.

So over all I totally recommend this place and must stress also that the prices are the best in the area too. You won't find anywhere cheaper and thankfully cheaper in this case doesn't mean any kind of compromise. They even have broadband readily available throughout.

Thanks folks!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Somerset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I booked this place for a night after reading previous positive reviews. I must admit we were quite shocked when we were shown our rooms as it appeared none had been cleaned for some considerable time, with the carpets (there was even broken glass on the floor in one room) and sinks being filthy. Fair play to the landlady as when I mentioned this she did apologise and then clean the rooms before we got back later that evening, although I don't think their vacuum cleaner worked very well as the carpets were still not completely clean. The bed linen was clean though, if quite old and the beds comfy. They also made an effort in the morning and provided a good breakfast. This was all a shame as with a proper clean and some touching up here and there this could be a nice B&B. As it is I would recommend caution.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed for two nights at this guest house, great location not far from town centre and attractions, lovely welcome, room nice and clean. Breakfast was excellent, would stay here again on my next visit to Worthing.

Would definitely recommend anyone to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Very welcoming,friendly.Room 5,clean and airy,comfortable bed.Bathroom very clean with bath and shower,hand and bath towels fresh every day.Excellent value for single visitor who wants peace and quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
peterborough
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

Welcomed with a cup of tea. Breakfast very nice. Quiet room and was a family room. Mant Thanks

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Berkshire UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We first discovered the Avalon Guest House last year after it was recommended to us by the owner of another guest house that was full. Now we wouldn't go anywhere else! This was our second visit.

Located in a quiet street just a minute's stroll to the seafront, the Avalon is ideally situated. There is a small drive for about 3 cars at the front of the building but on-street parking is not a problem as parking permits are issued free of charge to residents of the guest house should you need them.

Pauline, the proprietor, is very friendly, helpful and welcoming, and even offered to help carry our luggage!

Our en suite room was at the rear of the building. (Not all rooms are en suite so make sure you request this when booking). The room was very clean and airy with a bay window. The shower room looked like it had been decorated recently and was very smart. A large flat screen TV was included with Freeview and tea/coffee making facilities are also provided.

The hearty breakfast is served in the dining room at the front of the building. I went for the traditional full English each day which was excellent, but other options are available.

The bus stop for regular buses to and from Brighton is literally just around the corner and Worthing town centre and the Pier are a flat 10 minute stroll away.

All in all we are very pleased to have found such an excellent value friendly guest house in Worthing and would thoroughly recommend it!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Avalon Guest House? Share your experiences!