- Friendly man on reception.
- Clean and tidy reception and bar area.
- Iron and ironing board in the room (although about 50yrs old).
- Lift is small and ancient, but was just about adequate for 2 adults with luggage.
- Acceptable room size.
- Very narrow, tight corridors (not really a problem - the building is what it is).
- Furniture is very old and basic.
- Everything in the room needs replacing, and the room redecorating.
- Bathroom wasn't very clean. Seemed to have been given more of a quick wipe over.
- Dodgy shower head coupled with poor water pressure (although plenty of hot water).
- Poorly fitted old door lets light through on all sides, all night.
- Very noisy. I'm a fairly light sleeper so had a bad nights sleep. This was partly due to thoughtless guests talking loudly in the corridors, as they came and went at all hours; partly doors banging; partly old creaky floorboards; and partly due to the gaps around the door offering no sound proofing.
- The bar and reception area look ok, which is too misleading. They certainly don't represent what you get once you've stumped up the cash.
There's an 2* AA sign hanging outside, but an old sticker in the bedroom indicates it was once 3*. It's a shame really, as the location is fine and it wouldn't cost a fortune (alongside a bit of TLC) to make this a decent enough place to spend a night or two.
As it stands, I would rather have slept in the car and kept £70 in my pocket.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the promenade in the popular seaside resort of Worthing, West Sussex, The Kingsway Hotel and Kingsway Townhouse, with a total of 36 rooms (all en-suite), offer you a friendly service, a welcoming atmosphere and excellent amenities.Our central location allows easy access to Worthing’s entertainment facilities, shopping area and beautiful gardens. We are independently owned and recent refurbishments ensure that all guest rooms, as well as the public rooms, are furnished, decorated and equipped to a high standard.With free parking, a restaurant and bar, this peaceful Edwardian hotel is beside the sea. You can smell the fresh, salty air even on a calm day.Our restaurant is on the ground floor and has a A la Carte menu. The sea-facing bar has a large selection of dishes available day, with a selection of locally caught fish among them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kingsway Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kingsway Hotel Worthing, West Sussex