“Great little independently run restaurant - highly recommended for ribs” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Montagues Tex Mex Restaurant

Montagues Tex Mex Restaurant
187 Monatague Street, Worthing BN11 3DA, England
44 (0)1903 208080
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 258 Restaurants in Worthing
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Sussex, England
“Great little independently run restaurant - highly recommended for ribs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We visit this little place quite often. It's a well established family run business with friendly, efficient service, a good atmosphere, excellent food, varied menu choice, generous portions and my husband tells me that their ribs and wings - which he has regularly - are the best he's ever eaten - anywhere! Praise indeed from a true carnivore with very high standards.

A nice touch when you are given the bill is that you get a little pile of fruity mini jelly babies to chomp on whilst you pay!

Montages is quite small and usually pretty busy (and deservedly so) especially on the weekend. So do book before you go. Can't recommend this place highly enough. Go there - you won't be disappointed.

London, United Kingdom
“21st bithday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

i have recently had my 21st birthday meal at tex mex and i thought the service was brilliant the people were lovely and as this is a family run buisness they made you feel completely at home.
the lady that served us was very lovely towards the chidren and was having a luagh with the cheeky children :)
the food was amazing and there was something for everybody1 they catered for peoples needs and we did not feel rushed with our food but we were not also sitting waiting ages for it to come out either.
i would definatly recondend this resturant to anybody esecially for birthdays and it is a very family orentated place and you can be as loud as you like as the people are all lovely!
i will definatly be going back again!

• Visited January 2013
Worthing, England, United Kingdom
“Great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My partner & I went here last night for the first time, its very tricky for me to eat out as I am gluten & wheat intolerant. However the owner was very informed and produced a menu with all allergens clearly marked. The food was delicious & the music & atmosphere buzzing..
I wasn't going to have a dessert but the owner suggested a gluten & wheat free alternative which was gorgeous. We will be back.... we had a great night out.
Lisa & Martin

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Succulent bones”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went as a family of four and had great margaritas to start with. Then one had quesedillas (?) and was very with them. I had the spare ribs which were large and succulent. Good music too!

Visited February 2013
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Family favourite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

I've been going to Montagues for nearly 20 years, often with my family. In fact for almost every special occasion such as birthdays and anniversaries we all choose this restaurant. I even travel 600 miles from Scotland just for a meal here. The staff are really lovely and always look after us. We have never had any cause for complaint. I would recommend anything on the menu and the cocktails are very good too.