“We will be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Camelot House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Worthing
Camelot House
You added Camelot House to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   20 Gannon Road, Worthing BN11 2DT, England   |
Ranked #1 of 32 Worthing B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
South Yorkshire
“We will be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is my fifth visit to Camelot House, the welcome is always so warm and friendly, it's like staying with old friends. Steve and Denise have paid great attention to detail and have thought of everything! Our newly refurnished double room was delightful and the location is always peaceful, whilst only being a short walk into the town centre and a stones throw from the beach. Parking is never a problem, which is a blessing. The breakfasts are delishous, especially the homemade preserves (I can recommend the lemon curd!). Everytime we visit they have changed something, it's hard to imagine how to improve something that's already perfect, but they always do manage to find something! I would highly recommend this guest house to anyone planning to visit Worthing.

Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thanks Vidsgirl for your glowing review, also thank you for mentioning our new furniture.We are very pleased with it too. Just room 6 to do in November and then hopefully we will get some new pictures on to Trip Advisor and our website.
You have certainly set us a challenge? What can we do ready for your next visit?? I am making strawberry conserve this week and then it will be on to the lovely lemon curd. I am also trialling some fruit compots now that autumn is here. I have plum and spiced apple and fig on the menu so far. Next I want to do something with pears!!.
Looking Forward to your next visit Denise.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Duesseldorf
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We just returned from our trip to the Goodwood Revival and we stayed over for 4 nights at the Camelot House. When arriving, immidiately you feel at home. A warm welcome by Steve and Denise and great hospitality during our stay. Especially we loved the breakfast atmosphere (good variety of breakfast choices combined with having a chat with Steve and Denise).

Many thanks,
Marcel and Sabine

Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Marcel and Sabine. Thank you for your review. We loved having you stay. Goodwood Revival Guests are something special !.We too like the breakfast time chats. I enjoy cooking and to have it appreciated is a bonus.Hope to have you all stay again. Best wishes Denise.
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Myself and a friend booked into Camelot House for the weekend to attend a wedding. From the moment we stepped off the train, where we were met by the lovely Steve and chauffer driven to our accommadation, until the moment he very kindly took us back to the train station, the whole experience was wonderful. Lovely clean, fresh and bright on-suite room, well presented and wonderfully furnished. The attention to detail was spectacular, from a hair-dryer to a box of tissues, everything was taken care of. Steve and Denise were very helpful with their local knowledge and pointed us in the right direction each time we asked. Breakfast was amazing. Never have I seen so much choice of fresh, local produce on offer and such a wide variety of tastes catered for. Freshly cooked to order by Denise and served by Steve looking very dapper in his waistcoat it was wonderful. I don't know if and when I will be back in Worthing but rest assured, when that day comes, I won't be looking for anywhere else to stay, and in the meantime, should I hear of anyone I know visiting I will HIGHLY reccommend Camelot House as the place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you Helen for your wonderful review.We thoroughly enjoyed having you both stay and it is always great when our efforts to provide those little extras are recognised.It is not always easy to provide for all and we appreciate your recognition of our efforts.I have lived in Worthing for nearly 30 years,wow where has the time gone? and didn't realise I had so much local knowledge until we took over Camelot House 21/2 years ago.You guests bring out the best in us!! Steve is tickled pink at being described as dapper, and so he is!!. Thank you Denise
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I am sat at Worthing train station writing this after being dropped off very kindly by Steve, one of the hosts at this fantastic place.I'm not normally one to gush about accommodation but I have been a professional DJ for 20 years I have done more than my fair share of travelling and staying in bed and breakfasts so I feel I am qualified to give credit where it's due, the whole experience of staying at The Camelot Guest House simply surpasses every expectation in every way.

The hosts are warm, friendly and welcoming, the presentation is immaculate yet still cosy, the garden is a tranquil mini paradise and the rooms are so well thought out and comfortable I didn't want to leave.

The amount of love and hard work that goes into this bed and breakfast is evident as soon as you walk up the gaden path, if you are looking for the very best B&B experience in Worthing then look no further, an outstanding example if a job very well done. 10/10, many thanks, Matt.

• Stayed September 2012
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Well Matt what can I say!
Thank you for appreciating our efforts and saying so!.Your review covers all aspects and we look forward to your return and hope to give you breakfast this time!! The comments of a seasoned B&B'er are most welcome. Until next time. Best Wishes Denise
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Just returned from our 4th stay at the wonderful Camelot. House and can't praise it enough. We were met with a warm greeting and a welcome pot of tea in the lovely garden. The house is spotless and very comfortable with great attention to detail. There was a good variety of choices for breakfast and it was cooked and presented beautifully. We look forward to our next trip.

Room Tip: First floor front is very light and has a very comfortable super king sized bed.
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you Ruth for your review of Camelot House.Steve and I always enjoy having you stay and it is good to know our efforts are appreciated. The" lovely "garden is in the midst of its autumn tidy and the frogs are getting bigger but less numerous! I hope some survive the winter.Hope to see you again soon.Kind Regards Denise
Worcestershire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We were gathered up when we arrived, offered cups of tea, were shown into a delightful room which was comfortable and spotless. The beds are very, very comfortable and the shower powerful with the added extra of fluffy, LARGE towels. Just what we wanted. Breakfast the following day was freshly cooked for us with scrummy local bacon and joy of joys, fresh mushrooms! How nice not to have tinned! Steve and Denise are delightful and welcoming hosts with a great knowledge of the town and it's environments. A great place to stay and just a stone's throw to the beach.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Nicky Cee. Thank you for your lovely review.It is always pleasing to have guests appreciate the effort we put into our B&B.I am glad you liked the mushrooms,the shower and the towels.As you know most of the rooms have been refurnished this year and it is good to know the beds are comfy.We are really looking forward to your next visit and lively breakfast time conversations!! Best Wishes Denise
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Having read the reviews on Trip Advisor I was really looking forward to my visit and I was not disappointed. The whole place is sparklingly clean and well furnished, the rooms have everything you could need (including bottled water, tissues and a hairdryer), the garden is a delightful peaceful little haven and the breakfasts are a real treat - a great choice superbly prepared and cooked by Denise and served by Steve.
On arrival Denise offered me tea. This was accompanied by a delicious scone and home made jam - very welcome after a journey. This couple certainly know what they are doing and will happily go the extra mile to give guests an enjoyable time. When I mentioned a query about train times one day Denise disappeared and came back with a print out of the times of trains for my journey. When I mentioned that I'd like to find some colourful beach huts to photograph Steve went to look at Google Earth Street View. Both of these without being asked.
As a single traveller it was lovely to have a little chat now and again, and a laugh too.
I can thoroughly recommend Camelot House and hope to visit again.

Room Tip: Single rooms are not ensuite but Room 3 is next to the bathroom and WC.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Denise P, Owner at Camelot House, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thank you very much for the excellent review.Steve and I enjoyed having you stay and we like to be helpful where we can. I think you had the best week weather wise for your stay and we are looking forward to seein the results of your labours here!! I am glad you enjoyed our breakfasts as it is my favourite part of the day. Must away and make some more strawberry jam. Denise.

Been to Camelot House? Share your experiences!