Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Very poor service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Very poor service waited 3/4 hour for someone to come and just take are food order !! In the end walked out.wont be going in there again.need to sack there staff and get some decent staff!!!!

Visited August 2013

Southampton, United Kingdom
“Very long wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

As we were camping in Dorset, we thought we would take a trip into Yeovil as the weather wasnt great and decided to watch a film and had a good hour and 20 minutes til it started so thought we would pop across to Frankie and Bennys for a quick bite to eat.... Unfortunately the wrap and sandwich still hadnt arrived after the 3/4's of an hour that we had ordered it (and they were not busy).
On the plus side the Manager was extremely helpful and apologetic and asked us to pop back after the film so we could have our freshly made meals to go on the house.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chard, United Kingdom
“Poor Service & Special Occasion Let Down”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

13th July 2013 8pm

I booked a table of 12 via telephone for my work friends & I due to our nursery closing and wanting to go out for a nice meal as our final one as a team.

On arrival to Frankie & Bennys some of us were shown to our table to wait for the others. I was 27 weeks pregnant and had a bump: a wobbly table for me & one friend sat oppositie each other was an issue. I informed the male member of staff working and he said he would swap it for a table from the end of our table. I said when my friends arrive they will have the same problem. He then suggested putting some napkins under the table to stop it wobbling which i was happy with. This was until the waiter got to the end of the table and moaned that i should in fact do it myself which he was heard saying this by 2 work friends who of course told me.

When everyone had arrived and had decided what we would like to eat & drink we placed our order.

Starter: We ordered Garlic Bread to Share and this came out in reasonable time and was enjoyed by all.

The main meal: Unfortunately everyone's meal came out and i was still waiting for mine. My friends were polite and offered to wait until mine arrived but i told them to go ahead and eat because i didn't want anyone's meal getting cold. After sitting there for 10 minutes watching everyone else eat, my calzone finally arrived. Some of my friends had even finished their meals.

Pudding: 5 of us chose to have Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sundae: Vanilla ice cream and chocolate brownies smothered in chocolate fudge sauce, sprinkled with chocolate honeycomb and topped with whipped cream. The menu shows a tall sundae glass when advitising the Sundaes.

When our puddings arrived they were brought to us in a small sundae glass and there was no trace of honeycomb at all. We had 2 choclate brownie pieces, one scoop of vanilla icecream and whipped cream. Poor standard for the price.

I told the waitress that i was unsure about my friends but i was unhappy to pay £5.45 for the size and lack of the pudding i had been given. The waitress hesitated and then offered me a different pudding. I said that i had chosen the sundae because that is what i wanted-Just wanted a bigger portion for the amount i was due to pay. My friends who had ordered the same decided they were also unhappy to pay this price.

After our complaint, the waitress spoke to another worker at the till and it was then decided that we could all have 50% off the price for the puddings which we were happier with.

When the final bill came: There was a service charge added to the bill. We asked the waitress about this and she said its added to all reservations with groups of 10+. My friends then asked me was i informed of this when i made the booking on the telephone. I was not made aware of this.

We all felt that the service we had received didn't deserve a tip: The male waiters rude comment at the start, waiting 10 minutes for my meal while everyone else was eating, the size & standard of the pudding and the general attitude of the workers that evening.

As the group organiser who wanted a nice venue for a special evening: felt let down by Frankie & Bennies Yeovil.

• Visited July 2013

Standard F&B's food
Poor service
No visible managers
Food order errors

Not intending to return to this F&B's

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
yeovil
“Had the specials menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

£10.95 for main and desert , really good price i thought, tasted good. Didn't have to wait too long to food. Maybe if there was more to choose from on specials menu would be even better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.