“Had the specials menu” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
yeovil
“Had the specials menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

£10.95 for main and desert , really good price i thought, tasted good. Didn't have to wait too long to food. Maybe if there was more to choose from on specials menu would be even better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Yeovil, England, United Kingdom
“night out...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Went to Frankie and Bennys in Yeovil as there isn't much choice of restaurants in Yeovil. We have been many times before, the food has always been good.
Went on a Friday night after being in a local bar for cocktails, I wanted to carry this on. However there blender wasn't working? I cant Imagine a place like that not keeping a spare or at least there previous one. I was annoyed as they had there cocktail menus were on every table, if you cant serve them don't display them!
Our server was polite and prompt, our starter could only have take 10 minutes tops to come out. I had sticky chilli wings, it was slightly overly sauced and was sweet and sickly.
We both had calzone and a portion of fries and this was lovely and just how we like it.

For pudding we ordered two bannoffi brownie things, looked lovely except one was forgotten and we had to remind them. The pudding was nice, however it was only really 3 small pieces of brownies a scoop of banana ice cream lots of squirty cream and sauce.
We ordered from the special menu so for the overall price the meal was good, however 6.10 for 2 pints of coke when its 9.95 for a pitcher cocktail seemed quite expensive.

The restaurant was very noisy despite the fact the it was only half full, it was a hot day and the restaurant was kept cool which was good.

Overall we had a nice time but would have probably given it 3.5 but definitely closer to 4.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Yeovil, Somerset
“Awful experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We went here in June. We were seated promptly by a young man who took our drink order. Then the Manageress came over to our table to ask if the 'young' man' had made us aware of items that were not available on the menu? Which he had not. Bearing in mind that Frankie and Benny's have quite a few chicken dishes on the menu, she said they had NO chicken left, except the whole roast chicken, no meat balls left, no vanilla ice cream and no toffee ice cream left. My husband always has chicken when we come here, so, apart from his disappointment, he chose something else. I had a vegetarian calzone. When the food came (quite slow considering how empty the place was), mine was stone cold. I was so hungry by now I did not speak up. When another member of the staff came to ask if everything was alright I told her that although mine was tasty, it was cold. The Manageress then came over with a 20% discout card, I appreciate businesses have accounts and are supposed to use certain suppliers, but surely when they realised they'd run out of all the above, they'd get one colleage to take some petty cash and go to the nearest Supermarket to tide them over? If we had not have been so hungry I think we would not have bothered and gone somewhere else. ALSO, please turn your music down. I know you are an American Style diner, but even my daughter, who is 19, got fed up with having to should across the table at me so I could hear her!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Dreadful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast today,the big breakfast comes with no toast,a dry bit of mushroom, black pudding from hell,
Only acceptable thing was the eggs,
never going there again, and the staff looked like they were half asleep
gross
avoid

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“It gets worse every time.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

I have visited frankie's and Benny's Yeovil multiple times and it seems like it gets worse every single time that I visit the place. Last time they had no chicken at all for any meal apart from burgers which we are not warned about when booking or being seated and were only warned after the drinks we were warned of no chicken. This time the meal is overcooked, and tasteless. The pizza tastes like it was pre cooked earlier in the day and then for some reason dunked in a bowl of grease, not only that but was impossible to cut and had a charcoal taste to its crust. Also if you sit in the circular booth in the corner be careful of putting your fingers between the gaps in the cushions as it's full of dirt and moldy food leftovers.

P. S This review was done while waiting for my bill which has still not come.

I hope that this place improves so I can leave a positive review because once upon a time it was great.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.