Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Lincolnshire
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

Wasnt expecting great things from here, just aswell. Food here absolutely dreadful. Reheated starter with food missing. Limp salad. Well and truly past its best celery......Least we could place the sharing started onto 3 clean plates and 1 dirty one.......Main courses x4, very poor. Crab salad, red onion grilled and cut into quarters accompanied by yet more limp salad and a burnt crab cake......YUK! Calzone, thickness of a normal pizza and undercooked. Burgers, poor. Service was good just shame about the food and £80 for 4 rather steep for an absolutely dreadful basic meal. Didnt complain as we didnt see the point and just wanted to get out. Interesting that 2 ladies who had just paid and were in the entrance over heard me grumbling to one of the children how poor the meal was. They too had also had a poor meal and had complained!!!!!! We will not be revisiting here that is for sure.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Yeovil
“31st of 56?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I'm surprised Frankie & Benny's managed to make the top 40! I have visited this establishment 4 times over the past 5 years, most recently in November 2012, always attracted by the 50's music and the general decor, the consistently dissapoints - Pizza Hut next door must get a lot of trade from unhappy F&B customers.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“really disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Sampler platter cold, plates dirty, burger burnt, all delayed, pizza half cooked,service dreadful. This franchise has been murdered by its staff and seems to have entered the twilight world of the undead restaurant, neither dead nor alive

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Good food, but ants on the table!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The food was good, the staff were nice and quick to serve the food. However there were ants on the table. I asked to be moved to a different table and we were given a new table but, within a minute or so and without even cleaning it, a couple were allocated to our original table by the same member of staff that gave us the new one - so I wasn't happy about that. But I have been a few times before and the food is brilliant and pretty good value - I would go there again but avoid that table (first on the right as you enter the restaurant). I am going to rate the service as poor because of reallocating the table to someone else without sorting the problem with it.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Avoid this restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I booked a table here for my 40th birthday, whilst booking I was told we could order from the cheaper lunchtime menu and as it was my birthday they would do something special. We were seated at a very small table, there were 6 of us and the table looked like it was for 4, we were very squashed up together! I was then told we couldn't order from the lunchtime menu as they weren't running the menu that day which was very annoying as I'd been told on the phone something completely different!
We ordered our meals (not quick enough for waiter who was saying under his breath "Come on")!! and our starters came. Within 5 minutes of them arriving our main courses came whilst we were still eating our starters, I couldn't believe it! One main dish was not hot and had to be sent back, no apology from the waiter! I didn't enjoy my meal at all as I felt rushed which was a shame as the food wasn't too bad. Some of us ordered desserts and when they arrived they were all put on the table in front of one of us and we had to hand them out ourselves which was very poor service. The staff here are not welcoming, they just want to get you in and out of the restaurant in record time. I have no idea what they did that was special for my birthday, as none of the staff mentioned it!
My one star is for the kind waitess that wandered by and boxed up our main courses that we couldn't eat to take home. She seemed very pleasant :)

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil also viewed

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Yeovil, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.