“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Takeout, Late Night
Somerset
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We didn't really know what to expect when we pulled in for brunch, but straightaway were pleasantly surprised by the helpful and polite staff, the cleanliness of the restaurant, the reasonable prices and good choices on the menu. I had a light brunch - poached eggs on granary toast which was cooked and presented perfectly. There were many choices of coffee which seemed a bit of a speciality there, plus tea and cold drinks. Beers and wine also available. The 'American' decor was bright and interesting, the dining tables were wide enough to comfortably accommodate meals for four people, and the seats were comfortable to sit on. As part of the scene there was 'rock and roll' music playing continuously which may be a little off-puting to some as occasionally it got a bit loud - however we may not have noticed that had the restaurant been full at the time (we were there mid way between time for breakfast and time for lunch). Overall a good experience and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend calling there.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Ecellent breakfast, money well spent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fed up with all the old fashioned cafe chain along the a303, so this was a surprise. I had the smaller veggie breakfast and a coffee. Coffee was hot and tasty and a good size. Food was fresh, well cooked and good. The thick granary toast was brilliant as it came already buttered so it was soft fluffy and light. Very friendly staff. Good value, spotless place, great decor. Attention to detail. It never occured to me it wouldnt have an american menu. Who cares with all the theatre of the place, and i think that as long as food is done well, thats all that matters, but in this case the decor is a bonus, just enjoy it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gillingham, Dorset
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Would highly recommend this place. Very good food, generous portions and friendly staff. I had the fudge cake which was one of the best desserts I've ever had.

Visited July 2014
london
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped in here on our way back from a holiday in Cornwall. I persuaded my husband to try this out after I read reviews on tripadvisor but really wish we had gone to macdonalds.
The waitress was pleasant and the actual decor was very 1950's and fun. However the food was dreadful. I was recommended the ribs. When they came out I put my fork in and the meat was that tough, the rib fell off my plate and onto the floor covering me in cold, yes cold, BBQ sauce. I sent them back. I wouldnt even give those ribs to a dog! I reordered a burger which is marketed as 'gourmet'. There was nothing gourmet about it. It was edible but I would not have it again. This diner has so much potential but they need to invest in a proper chef and do some proper american cooking!

Durham, United Kingdom
“quick coffee and bacon sandwich stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

i was entirely dubious of the fast food american diner style, but decided to give it a chance. i'm not sorry i did. We ordered take out for the long journey to cornwall ahead. The lattes were fantastic and the door stop bacon sandwiches were a great surprise. I hadn't fully understood the response when i asked if they did bacon rolls / sandwiches, but when they arrived i realised doorstop really meant doorstop! they were fantastic and came very quickly. Just what we wanted. if i find myself on the A303 again, i'll be stopping in for sure!

• 5 of 5 stars Food