“Our one night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Yeovil
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Our one night stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nice friendly staff, rooms basic but comfortable, needed a fan in the room as it was very warm. Breakfast had good selection, not just plain English we had kippers and these were good. One small issue the toilet seat in our room was stained, but clean really needed changing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

219 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were doing a 'double stretch', staying, going away and coming back. The first room was not good. However the manager, Tracey, was very upset and promised retribution! A better stay ensued. As always, I found the service to be very good and friendly. The only other criticism, Tracey take note, was in the dining room. The table tops are wood, they are sticky and unpleasant to the touch. A family meal utilised the large table which had grooves that contained a lot of previous bits and pieces. Could it not be the case that disposable paper table covers are used to make the tables a little more user-friendly?? These are used in many other places, sometimes over linen covers and certainly allow a more welcoming surface. Other than that, we would go back to the Manor with no hesitation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked a long weekend here as we were in Yeovil for a concert and had a very good weekend.
The staff were great and very friendly and helpful although they were very short stafffed the weekend we were there and were catering with a wedding on the Friday we arrived .
The rooms we were given were in the Old Stable Block and the bed was very comfortable and I slept very well but the bathroom was the smallest one I have seen.
Overall we had an excellent time - the food was very good and we would stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Attic room dirty and so hot. Down the corridor from unused room with open door which looked like a tip. Very few staff on and looked over stretched. No offer to assist with bags. No enquiry about the quality of my stay.Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Took a photo if hotel management wish to contact me. Could upload but would seriously damage reputat...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

On arrival the rooms were not ready, after some waiting we eventually settled in, had to dash out to a pre -. planned event.The room was small but comfortable but very warm, in fact over powering., bed was very comfy, the wardrobe door was stiff and noisy to close, as was the bedroom door. The bar was closed when we arrived back . No shampoo or shower gel only hand wash, luckily i had brought some with me. The shower only worked for about 30 seconds leaving me soaped up with not even a plug to wash off the soap in the bath, i had to resort to kneeling down and splashing the water over me to cleanse. The breakfast was very nice with plenty of choice, The receptionist was curt, check out was made easy as i had paid on arrival ,

Room Tip: try elsewhere
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Stourbridge
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Down here for 4 days on business so had a good chance to give this hotel a good overview and it was close to being a good hotel but there were a few niggles.
Plus points Clean and comfortable
My bedroom at least was an excellent size with a small sofa and a large TV
Breakfast excellent with a good choice of healthy and not so healthy starts to the day
Evening meal generally ok but as with many hotels nowadays the menu has an obsession with Mash with everything and if like me you are not a fan it can be irritating but there are other choices
Location near the town centre
Staff with one exception excellent

Minus points

Well the one member of staff the receptionist who saw me in and out whilst not unpleasant was curt and monosyllabic
No Shampoo in the bathroom,there was liquid soap hand wash and hand cream but no shampoo and as you expect these things I had to go and buy some

However I have booked in again next week so the pluses outweigh the minuses

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Ash Vale, Surrey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

No reception staff on duty on checking in. Waited for ages, no bell on desk to get attention either. Went into the bar to seek help but no staff on duty there also! After waiting a few more minutes a man appeared at the bar and said he would find someone to check us in.

Eventually a staff member arrives at the desk and checks us into Room 4. A hot cell like room with a window so high up the wall that you can't see out of. No air conditioning or fan available. The bathroom was really small and dirty with only a shower that had no shelf/tray to put your washing stuff on. Can you believe it?!! The walls were so thin we could hear everything our neighbour was doing in their bathroom including turning on the extractor fan that sounded like someone was drilling through the wall!! To add to this disturbance there was a loud slamming fire door opposite our room. The only good thing about this room was the really comfortable bed but that was it!

We visited the hotel bar for drinks and food and every single time I visited the bar (4 times) to order something there was no one there.
I had to wait and wait for attention every single time!! On one occasion another guest who had just arrived and was trying to check in came to the bar and said to me " where the hell are the staff in this place?" I told him that we had experienced exactly the same thing trying
to check in too! I'm pleased to say that after managing to actually get someone to take our order for food the service was quick and our food was very good.

Breakfast...... OMG! It happened again. No staff to greet and seat me and two other guests waiting. In the end I got fed up and knocked on the kitchen door to get attention! My full English breakfast was just ok and nothing to rave about but by this time I was p***** off and didn't enjoy it. ( come on manager this staffing issue really needs addressing!!)

I will certainly not be rushing back to stay again. I would much rather stick to the good and reliable Holiday Inn any day!

Sent from my iPhone

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Manor? Share your experiences!