“Excellent Indian Food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Wells, United Kingdom
“Excellent Indian Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We have eaten here many times and like one of the other reviewers I was given the 'cookery course' as a birthday present. It would be good if you actually got to do the cooking, but you don't. You do get to eat the meal though. As I was on my own on the 'course', this was done in splendid isolation.

The food is truly excellent and it was this restaurant (Signature Viceroy) and its sister restaurant next door that changed my mind, after having eaten some pretty appalling Indian meals elsewhere. The service is good and the sheer variety of meals is superb. Service can be either over attentive or lacking, which is typical of a large amount of India Restaurants. Maybe it is a resul of my not apprciating cultural differences.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Martock, United Kingdom
“Zero service 4/5 for food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Short and sweet. Service took too long, ordered drinks and they took 30 mins to arrive after asking twice.

The food is top notch but the service spoilt it totally. The waiter huffed when I asked for another drink and when clearing the plates kept leaning over while my friend was still eatting.

Overal I would not go there again because of the service which is a shame because the food was nice

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ko Samui, Surat Thani, Thailand
“One of the best Indian meals of all my travels.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I am lucky enough to have a job that requires me to travel, world-wide, a lot and I enjoy eating in well recommended restaurants whenever I can. The Viceroy, in Yeovil, Somerset has taken me by surprise. It was recommended to me as being very good and it certainly lived up to that praise. The restaurant was moderately busy for a Friday night. The decor and atmosphere are very relaxing and the staff are exceptionally attentive (without being over-present).
The menu is very varied and many dishes are original but authentic, for an Indian restaurant outside of India. The quality of the food was exceptional and at a very reasonable price.
I highly recommend this restaurant. It is now my number two Indian (but I am afraid the Rang Mahal in Bangkok still holds the prize!).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Cotswolds
“Average experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

I had the set menu as I thought it would be better value as I was dining alone after a busy day in the office.
There were a few tables occupied but not what I would call busy. I don't know why it took staff so long to take my order after giving me the menu?
The decor is not what I would call authentic. The poppadoms were an extra charge on top of the set menu. The starter was very nice with just the right amount of spices.
The main course, although cooked fresh lacked much spice at all. I know that Tikka Massala dishes are not hot spiced, but I felt it was milder than a Korma with just the same amount of cream. I felt that not enough effort had gone into either making the dish or presenting it well. I have tasted equally as good curry's from Tesco's and Sainsbury's chiller.
Maybe if I had been more adventurous and spent more money my dining experience it would have been better?

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Almost perfect curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have now visited several times this year and it is a pleasure to get attentive service, nice atmosphere (for Yeovil!) and consistently great food. Truly worth visiting if you are a curry fan and in the area, I doubt you will be disappointed.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere