“Excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Birthday Girl In Luxor
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

This is a fairly new building.The room was spotless and furnishings immaculate.. Much better than some 4 star hotels I have stayed in. On the outskirts of Yeovil but an Asda Superstore and restaurants in walking distance. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

Me and my partner came to Yeovil for a couple of nights before heading to Bath and we stayed in the Permier Inn. We were given a room on the ground floor to make it easier for me, the room had a wet floor shower which was quite handy for me. It was mostly very clean, had the basics for us and what was good is that they ask if there is anything you need when you book, I asked for decaf tea and coffee (being allergic to caffeine) and was surprised that they actually provided it for me! The booking of the hotel was very confusing however as I booked and thought I had paid online as I put in my card details, the plan was to pay before in full so that we didn't have to mess about when we got there, When we arrived I was informed that although they had my details, they had not actually taken payment and I needed to pay there and then, not before like I wanted to and thought I had done, so very inconveniently we had to go out and find a bank after using all our cash to pay for the hotel. Other than that, it was mostly okay, apart from as someone previously mentioned creaky floorboards that made me think at any point I could be joined by someone from the room above! We must have been under a corridor though with the amount of noise! (and someone's shower) as it sounded like heavy rain at one point! For the price at the time we went, we have had a lot more for a lot less and premier inn was supposed to be more affordable, however, even though it wasn't the school holidays, the time of year we went was quite expensive!

Room Tip: Avoid downstairs rooms if at all possible!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Good premier inn stay, the staff were very helpful and pleasant. We were initially assigned a room on the ground floor of the hotel. To our surprise the floor creaked terribly. I'm not usually one to complain about things but this really was ridiculous (like you were walking the plank on a pirate ship). As two of us were sharing a room it would of meant that should one of us get up in the night then we would of easily woken each other up with the noise. A few other reviews also mention the groaning floors.

After much deliberation I asked for a room change and the staff showed me a room on the 2nd floor to check the floors, they were absolutely fine. The room switch was sorted within 10 minutes - great! This may of been a different story if the hotel was fully booked. So if you are attending on a busy events weekend make sure you make a room request on the 2nd floor before arrival.

We did quickly browse the tavern restaurant joined to the premier inn however after a quick glance the current seated customers seemed to be leaving a lot of their food which also backs up the poor ratings on Trip Advisor. We decided to give it a miss given what we saw. We would recommend the Crown and Victoria pub about 10 minutes drive from the Premier for some excellent food and hospitality.

Stayed December 2013
Milton Keynes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We try and use this chain when we are out on our walking weekends and we stayed here for one night. The receptionists were pleasant and the room clean as usual. If you want good basic accommodation and are willing to book early, these these places are very good value. This one is close to Yeovil town and also there is an Asda close by for anything you may have forgotten or need.

Room Tip: the rooms upstairs facing the sports field are quieter
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed overnight just before Halloween and the staff were wonderful! The place was decorated and they gave my son a scary cupcake and party bag! The room was clean, roomy and comfortable. The food was good and as expected. We would definitely return

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I use Premier Inns every week, as does a lot of people so I do get a feel for them. This is the smallest hotel I have been to. The staff as usual are all excellent. But this hotel has the squeaky floor problem. You can hear people walking around on the ground floor. Also avoid room 2 as you hear the reception going ons day AND night. Even the fridge in reception becomes noisy at 3 am and the automatic door creaks and bangs. Other than that the usual clean room. A little more expensive than other Premier inns.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brittany, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The staff are friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble, even finding an extra chair so that two could work at the desk. The room is first class and the beds so comfortable. We chose not to have our room serviced in the five days we stayed and received a letter from the housekeeper telling us not to hesitate in asking for any replenishments. The let down is Table Table Tavern, very good for breakfast . An hour and forty five minutes to wait for Sunday lunch with a booked table, evening meals no better.

Room Tip: Just book in advance we saw many being turned away; first floor rear overlooks playing fields.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Yeovil? Share your experiences!