“TERRIBLE BAR, RIP OFF BRITAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Eastwell Manor

Save Saved
You added Eastwell Manor to your Saves list
Eastwell Manor
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Eastwell Park, Boughton Lees, Ashford TN25 4HR , England   |
Ranked #5 of 7 hotels in Ashford
London, United Kingdom
“TERRIBLE BAR, RIP OFF BRITAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

Went here for a wedding 2 weeks ago, beautful grounds and rooms, nice style rooms but very very hot and no air conditioning.There is no draught beer but warm perroni bottles beer @£4.95 . The breakfast was fabulous. Overall terrible value for money.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
managementeastwell, Owner at Eastwell Manor, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
The main Manor House is a listed building and it is not possible or practical to add air conditioning. All bedrooms in the Manor are provided with electric fans but we are talking about one of the hottest June days on record. Within the Eastwell complex there is a new facility that is fully air conditioned including restaurant, spa areas and beauty centre as well as conference rooms. This new facility does have a selection of draught beers which are chilled as appropriate. It is not considered appropriate to have draught beers in the Manor cocktail bar which has a vast selection of spirits including over 100 varieties of whisky. It is well advertised that all our spirit measures are, in fact, doubles.

467 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel, very romantic and ideal for a special night away. The room was gorgeous with views over the gardens and across the countryside. We enjoyed everything from playing tennis and croquet on the lawns to lying around the outdoor pool. Everything is of a very high standard and very good value for money - will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in the house and the room was lovely
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I booked this hotel as part of a package offered by the hotel which include a 3 course meal, use of the spa and a massage. The stay was faultless, and for the money I thought was a bargain.

The hotel has beautiful grounds and decor.

Service was excellent, we received a free room upgrade on arrival, which was huge!

The food was first class.

The spa facilities were again excellent, the hotel also has a beautiful outdoor pool.

I couldn't fault our stay. If you are looking for a romantic weekend away in Kent, stay at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We chose Eastwell Manor for our "girly" holiday because some friends had recommended it having stayed there for the past 10 years or so. We chose a Mews Cottage and we were not disapointed ! The bedrooms were large and extremely well appointed - very comfortable beds and pillows, we each had an en suite bathroom with excellent facilities. The lounge area was very comfortable and the south facing outside patio was a bonus. We ate in the Pavillion and also in the Manor Restaurant and the food and service was exempelary.
We used the outside pool area as the weather was good and enjoyed the jacuzzi.
We are going back for a wedding in August and simply can't wait.
We are also planning to go back later in the year with some friends for a special treat.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

After reading the bad reviews on this site, i was very apprehensive about going to the manor for my 50th birthday. So the start of my break was'nt a happy one, U ntill we drove up and saw the wonderful manor. We had a room in one of the mews, which was just delightful, looking out onto the openair swimming pool. The meals in the pavillion was quite exceptional and good value for money, the staff was brilliant and very attentive.
We had afternoon tea at the manor, which was very enjoyable, But i must urge people to book if you would like to take tea. as it gets very busy. The breakfast was plentiful and we did'nt have to eat lunch. but again arrive early as the weekend we were there it was quite busy. The spa was very relaxing and a must. So all in all my weekend was fantastic, Please don't take any notice of the bad reviews, because all i can say is that some people are very necetive and are nit picking at little things. Go and see for yourself. We are taking our friends as a wedding prezzie.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2011 via mobile

I have spent many a Sunday lunch at the pavilion mostly during the summer months and have enjoyed greatly the jazz band and BBQ and have been treated to a number of spa days over the past few years. Needless to say I was very much looking forward to my 'Spring Special'! Staff at reception were not particularly welcoming in the manor house unlike the lovely girl at the pavilion reception! Holly cottage was beautiful in every way and lived up expectation! I wish I could say the same about the spa area! Dirty, tired and extremely poorly maintained!! Dreams reception staff were cold and unwelcoming! Shelley who gave me my treatment saved the day here! Warm, professional and highly recommended! I had a lovely meal that evening in the manor house however the service poor and main meal took a lifetime to appear! Well worth the wait though! Breakfast really was a disaster.. No tables free so was asked to wait in reception alongside another four couples. We were told that they would come and get us when a table became available. They did not and we were all forgotten!!! Service was incredibly slow.. Ordered brown toast and got White.. This happened twice!! Cooked breakfast was barely warm! To top this all off we were charged £8 for two pints of lemonade in the pavilion! Thank goodness for Holly cottage and the outdoor pool!!!!

• Stayed May 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2011

This really is a special place. I wanted to wow my girlfriend and was choosing between Eastwell Manor and Amberley Castle. It was my first visit to Eastwell and it couldn't have been better. At the entrance to the main manor house you go through a sequence of little courtyards, the parked Bentleys of the other guests adding the exclusive feel. Inside, the main reception area has a log fire burning in a massive "grand hall" fireplace and the pleasant aroma of the fire was something that struck me each time I stepped out of our room. The room itself (John de Criol, in the main manor house) was lovely and spacious, with a 4-poster. On arrival the porter pointed out the features of the room including complementary decanters of sherry, a nice touch. The hotel has a nice pool (looked liked 20m x 10m to me) which is surrounded by frescoes of Tuscan countryside and was fairly quiet when we used it. One plus point is that guests are welcome to use the pool and spa facilities for the whole of the check-out day as well as during their stay.

The spa "pavilion" has its own restaurant and we dined here rather than in the manor's main restaurant. I had a rather disappointing tagliatelli carbonara, perhaps my fault for not ordering fish in a fish restaurant. However, the "bouillabasse" I ordered as a starter turned out to be nothing of the sort: it was a fish soup with not a single piece of fish in it! How they could get this so wrong I don't know. The house wine was poor too, so my recommendation is to eat either at the manor or, for a less formal atmosphere, try down the road at The Flying Horse Inn (closed Sundays, otherwise we'd have done this).

When we left, the receptionist offered us complementary bottles of spring water to take with us, another nice touch. Overall, not cheap but worth every penny. I shall be back.

Room Tip: Stay in the main manor house not the news cottages
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Eastwell Manor? Share your experiences!