“Always a treat” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #23 of 156 Restaurants in Banbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Banbury, United Kingdom
“Always a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Never fails to impress. The staff cannot do enough for you. They are always welcoming. The atmosphere is relaxed. The food is always top quality. Can't wait to go back.

Visited October 2012

• Turkish first
Wiltshire
“Mothers Day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The selection of food was amazing, very authentic, nice atmosphere, good price, friendly staff. We would definitely visit the Thai Orchid again

Visited March 2013
Daventry, United Kingdom
“Always delivers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We visit the Thai Orchid quite regularly and always really enjoy it. The starters are amazing and the mains are delicious too. I would rate this as Excellent but for the desserts, which are ok but never as good as the preceeding courses.

I love the decor, with carved wood and plants everywhere. The atmosphere is great and the service is excellent too.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice starters, not so nice mains, bad value deserts!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We ate at this restaurant tonight, our bill came to £65 and we felt disappointed at this as we didn't really enjoy our meal. The starters were yummy but the main for a vegetarian smelt of fish which was really off putting. I ended up just eating the rice... I decided to have a pudding as I was disappointed with the main and I ordered strawberries with cream which were really hard and not ripe at all. I most probably would not go again to eat here. My partner had fancied thai food and I looked on trip advisor and suggested we tried somewhere else but typical bloke got his own way lol, as he realised though I am always right! Haha.

If you do come here just be aware that you don't really get your money's worth.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Banbury, England, United Kingdom
“Love Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have been going to the Thai Orchid for the last 17 years. In fact the first meal I ever had there was in this restaurant. I've always been very fond of the food they serve there. I mainly go on the Sunday as there is a greater range of dishes on offer. I highly recommend it, it is a brilliant place. They never fail to impress.

• Visited March 2013