“wonderful two night stay” 5 of 5 stars

Hanwell House
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   2 Lapsley Drive, Banbury OX16 1EJ, England   |
Ranked #1 of 37 Banbury B&B and Inns
Leicestershire
“wonderful two night stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed at Hanwell House for two nights over Christmas whilst visiting family. We were made most welcome and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was very comfortable and breakfast delicious. We would not hesitate to stay at Hanwell House again when next in the area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Vantaa, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I stayed two months in Hanwell House B&B with my two friends and the time there was perfect. Jan and Nigel warmly welcomed us and made us feel like home from the very beginning. They always had an answer to all of our questions and problems and helped as well as they could. Jan did a lot more than she would have needed to and both of them guaranteed a lovely say for us. There was all we needed in the room and the beds were really comfortable. Room was cleaned often and the whole house was always tidy.
Hanwell House is not an ordinary bed&breakfast place, it's more than that. To us it became an English home and family. I would recommend this place to everyone who is planning to visit or stay longer in Banbury. Thank you for everything Jan and Nigel!

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

My 2 month stay in Hanwell House B&B was just amazing. The House is lovely inside and out, location is great and only a few minute walk to the nearest Co-Op, pub and restaurants.
The room where me and my two fiends stayed at, was perfect for all our needs. Good night sleep was always guarenteed and our room was tidyed regularly. We didn't have breakfest at the Hanwell House during our stay, but knowing Jan's cookings it must be delicious. Jan and Nigel were brilliant since the very beginning and they always made us feel like home. They were always willing to help and advise me if I had any questions. During my stay in Banbury they started to feel like my family and I will definately stay here in the future every time I'll come to Banbury.
I would recommend The Hanwell House to everybody searching for a lovely place to stay. You won't be disappointed.

Bangor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Some would say B&B, I've called it home for the past 3 months. After getting an internship placement with a company in Banbury I was given a room in Hanwell House. What a place it has become for me.

A fantastically warm welcome by both Jan and Nigel, both making sure my stay was as good as it can be. After living in the house for 3 months they have become more like family! This was somewhere I could work when I wanted, and sleep soundly in a comfortable bed with plenty of space for my provisions for the weeks ahead.

I've loved my time at Hanwell House and am not looking forward to leaving, I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area, for whatever period of time! Breakfast is tailored to what ever you like, giving you great start to the day. Many Thanks to Jan and Nigel welcoming me into their home!

Bielefeld, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I would like to say big thanks for the nice time in Hanwell House. I really enjoyed my stay for 2 months for business and will come back again. The House is clean, rooms are nice decorated and breakfast is gorgeous. There is everything what you need. Jan and Nigel were very friendly, welcoming and accommodating throughout the whole of my stay and helped me to settle in very fast.
If I need help or something was missing, I asked Jan or Nigel and they took care about it.

Thanks for the nice stay and I will come back next year.
I felt like a family member not as a guest.

G. Neumann
Germany

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Carrickfergus, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Welcoming, scrupulously clean, and homely B&B accommodation. Every effort made to help guests feel totally at ease, which we did for our entire six night stay. Jan and Nigel are excellent hosts, going out of their way to ensure we had an enjoyable time. The breakfasts have to be experienced to be fully appreciated. Everything freshly prepared on the premises and lots of home spun touches including home baked cookies and mini cafetiere in the bedrooms. Would most definitely recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Slough
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Luxurious, peaceful, warm and friendly atmosphere with lots of homemade yummies. Lots of choice for breakfast and extremely clean. Would definitely recommend and stay again. It was very convenient for anyone doing a course at the Mill Arts Centre

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hanwell House? Share your experiences!