“Tasty pasties (unlike its competitor)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #115 of 154 Restaurants in Banbury
Cuisines: Bakery, Coffee Shop, English, Fast Food
London, United Kingdom
“Tasty pasties (unlike its competitor)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is a secondhand review, as my brother and mother very much enjoyed their takeaway from this establishment, which is very near to the marketplace - both the food and the service. We had split up during our most interestng walk round the town, using one of the free, and good, leaflets from the Tourist Information Centre in the main shopping centre.
The real reason for submitting this review is to advise people to steer far, far away from its more Banbury branded equivalent at the other top corner of, and on, the market place (which I could not find on TripAdvisor [I think it is called something like Banbury pasties restaurant]). We ate at the latter, a latish lunch with minimal choice left, brusque and no-sign-of-being-more-than-minimally-friendly vendor (even to a woman whose friend was having a diabetic 'turn'), and very pastry-minimal-filling pasties at the usual significant overprice for such items. Mine was so grim that I topped it up with a fresh-off-the-pig pork roll at a street vendor not far away (which I would have chosen first off, had my wife not wished to sit down). Needless to say, that was far tastier and half the price.

• Visited October 2013