“Friendly pub” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Friendly pub”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Nipped in for a pint, there was a beer festival that weekend and the barman was very helpful in advising on the ales on sale - very friendly pub!

Visited April 2014

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Cask Ale Gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Hi visited the lovely town of Banbury on business and stumbled across this gem of a Pub. The pub sells White Horse Brewery ales is run by a pleasant chap called Phil who has recently taken over. The pub had an interesting range of beers and lagers including Tiger BItter a local favourite of mine but also a beer called village idiot which just rang a bell with me. I had a few pints and a spot of lunch all served up with Phil particular brand of whit. What a way to spend an hour, if your in Banbury give it a try and just may be it could be a reason to visit.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This pub is a regular for me and hubby. The range of ales is excellent and they are all well kept. Steve at the bar welcomes everyone like an old friend and the banter is always fun. Although we don't often eat here, when we have we've been very happy with the quality and value. Good pub food done well. This is how a pub should be.

Daventry, United Kingdom
“Friendly and welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My daughter and I often visit this pub as it is close to where she works and we can get a quick lunch in a nice atmosphere. The service is pleasant, polite and I always feel welcome. The food is good, mainly plain fayre and the prices are very reasonable. I love the fact that there is a lovely outside area for warm days.
I recommend the White Horse for lunch if you are in Banbury.

Visited August 2013
Scunthorpe, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Ales!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My Wife and I were visiting friends in Banbury last Saturday, and on their recommendation the four of us dined at the White Horse at lunchtime. We were immediately greeted and felt welcome as soon as we walked through the door by the landlord, we were served quickly, efficiently and the prices were reasonable too! The only down side was a few of the things were missing from the menu, we were told they had been very busy and some of the more popular dishes had sold out. Food was well cooked, presented and arrived fairly soon after ordering. But the icing on the cake for me was the fantastic selection of Ales on the hand pulls, I counted 8, and the few I did try were superb, well kept and well poured, I'm just very grateful my wife was driving!

• Visited June 2013