“Highly recommended!” 5 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Silver Street | Wroxton, Banbury OX15 6QB, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 50% off stays!
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Banbury
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I attended my work christmas do at this hotel and booked a room for my partner and I. Upon arrival I was greeted in a very friendly mannor and we were shown to our room. The room was clean and tidy and had a warm feel to it, lovely and cosy on a cold winters evening!
For my staff party we had a 3 course meal followed by a disco. The food and staff were excellent and everyone had a really good night.
We retreated back to our room where we have a lovely restful nights sleep - the bed was especially comfy - perfect for our sore heads in the morning! When we arose we went down for breakfast which consisted of a choice of hot or cold, lots of choice.
Other plus points: free WiFi and car park.
Would definately stay again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
  • Polish first
Lymington, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed just one night.

All staff very helpful and welcoming. Room clean and well decorated. My room overlooked the car park at the rear of hotel and was very quiet. Only reason not to give it a full 5 rating was because of a drain smell in the bathroom and also shower only luke warm in the morning. This may have been because I was up at 6.00am and water not heated but as breakfast was from 6.30 til 9 it shouldnt have been the case.

I had a meal in the restaurant with friends which was very good and beautifully presented.

I will certainly return but will make sure to check water temp and bathroom as soon as i am shown to my room.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

A quaint hotel with a wonderful dining section. The restaurant is award winning and can be visited if not residing at the hotel... Spacious and clean, there are also themed breaks. I went on a theatre break once and it was very enjoyable.

Can not recall if there is a lift or not. Bar meals are pleasant too.

Room Tip: Each time my room has been good. The ones outside are especially quaint.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Swaffham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The title is what was achieved. The staff ensured that every request that you made was met in a matter of seconds. The accommodation we were placed in was one of the most pleasant rooms that I have ever stayed in across the UK. The beds were at the very top of my list in terms of comfort and the food served was excellent.. The question must be why not total perfection. There were two small issues ,one of which would be very easy to resolve and the other not so easy. In our room (15) the bathroom needs some further supplementary heating, either a larger towel rail or even a suitable fan heater either would transform the chill that did not invite one to disrobe and use the first class facilities installed. The next issue is much more difficult as it involves the structure. Room 15 is loaded with character and while delightful to the eye, any movement in the room above is heard below. Fortunately there was a very considerate guest above us and it was only the footfall as the room was crossed that was disturbing, and the shower etc, but it did mean that we were woken somewhat sooner than planned, so what can be done, maybe earplugs available, or a review of the floor covering above.

The only other very minor issue that could be considered is that there was a large dinner being looked after whilst we were there which did involve a certain amount of traffic through the dining room whilst we were eating. Not a problem but seeing how close to perfection Wroxton House is these are not in any way complaints but purely observations. The final observation has to be the breakfast we had in the morning. Superb is not a good enough accolade as every attention to detail in terms of the delivery of the toast,the coffee and so forth made it another highlight to join that of the marmalade which was served, Whilst staying here if you fail to do anything you must sample the marmalade , it is in a class of its own , as is the entire hotel !!!

Room Tip: 15 is fantastic , just check the observations above .
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Gill S, Owner at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Thank you for your fabulous review and so glad that my team exceeded your expectations. Your review topped off a fabulous week as my husband and I collected an award, on behalf of the hotel, in the South East Tourist Board Annual Awards in the 'Small Hotel of the Year' category. A great start to the Christmas festivities.
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Guided by previous tripadvisor reviews I booked a reunion dinner for 9 at the Wroxton House Hotel for a group of individuals who are accustomed to a good standard of food, service, and accommodation. We travelled from all over the country and we were not disappointed. The dinner was served at a large round table for 9, perfect for a reunion dinner, and I cannot fault the food or the service. The wine list is keenly priced and the wines were served at just the right temperature. All just spot on for our discerning group.

The evening closed with a good nights' sleep in comfortable beds and a freshly cooked breakfast the following morning.

Well done the Wroxton House Hotel. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for an overnight stay or just for a well prepared dinner with keenly priced wine.

Room Tip: Avoid the attic rooms with low cilings
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Gill S, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
I'm so pleased that you found us via Tripadvisor and that we didn't disappoint. We do feel that we offer great value and exceptional service at a 3* price. We have some great winter offers on our website for those who need some peace and relaxation in the New Year.
Brough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Wroxton House had been recommended to us by our son who had stayed there a few weeks previously. We'd decided on a short pre-Christmas break and decided to give it a try and were not disappointed. It is easy to locate,plenty of parking and centrally located for a good range of places and activities.
The hotel is very comfortable and welcoming providing a nice balance of modern and traditional - decor is muted tones of "Farrow and Ball" with wood burning fires in the reception areas.
Our room was very comfortable as was the bed (not always the case in our experience!). We ate in the dining room two evenings during our stay - the menu offered plenty of choice (as did a bar menu) and the food was very good and attractively presented. My wife will, I'm sure, forgive for say that she can be difficult when it comes to menu choices and she had no problem in finding dishes to her taste. The wine list also offered lots of good value choice and if you are a beer (bitter) drinker then you must try the bottled "Hooky" beer - delicious! and brewed I'm informed at Hook Norton only about ten miles from the Hotel. However good hotel facilities the difference between a good hotel and a great one is, in our opinion the staff and it is here that Wroxton excels. Without exception they were all welcoming, friendly and helpful, the service was spot-on!. This hotel is now definitely on our revisit list. We managed visits to Banbury, Srtatford and the Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon whilst there but have yet to visit the newly discovered brewery!. A great hotel and a brewery - what better reason to return!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and please be assured that it's positive comments like yours that act as a constant source of motivation to the team. I'll make sure they all read it. Hope to see you both again soon and have a wonderful Christmas.
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I stayed here to rest up after landing at Heathrow. We found it to be warm and welcoming! The room was clean with a very comfy bed and all the little extras like coffee and biscuits and complimentary water. The bar was just what two jet-lagged travelers needed! The hot mushroom with blue cheese panini and garlic mushrooms next to roaring fire with a few pints was perfect and the apple crumble was to die for...yum! The staff was very helpful and accommodating. Will definitely stay again on return trips!

• Stayed November 2014
I'm delighted to see how much you enjoyed your recent stay with us and appreciated the service offered - another satisfied customer, just exactly what we want. Thank you.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Wroxton House Hotel? Share your experiences!