“premier inn east mayne” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne

Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne
You added Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne to your Saves list
Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Felmores, E Mayne, Basildon SS13 1BW, England (Formerly Watermill Travel Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“premier inn east mayne”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

have stayed in most of the premier inn sites in the area this one is as good as all the others our room was large clean and had all you needed for your stay.
the restaurant attached we found to be very good both in the quality of the food and service
our only possible downside to the hotel could be that if you are staying in the summer months and required the window to be open and you are staying at the front of the hotel then the noise from the main road which is very busy could be an issue

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your lovely 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the rooms to be spacious and clean.

I will pass on your feedback to the restaurant, who will be happy to hear they contributed to a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Scarborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My wife and I booked into this hotel for two nights as we were attending a wedding in Leigh on Sea. We travelled down on Friday from Scarborough and arrived at around 10pm. We had an uneventful continental breakfast which was fairly average and left to spend the day at the wedding. I must say the staff were very helpful and I had no issues with them. Saturday evening we decided to have a meal at the Harvester which was quite poor quality and then retired for a good nights rest as we had a long drive the following day. The noise from other rooms was appalling with guests having shouting matches using the most appalling language. I have stayed at the Basildon Campanile previously and had a great meal, good service and a pleasant night. If this is sort of night I can expect at a Premier Inn I won't be going back in a hurry.

Room Tip: Don't stay there at a weekend.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed for a Sunday and Monday night in September, we were welcomed by a very pleasant receptionist who explained everything about their `goodnights sleep' policy. Our room was very clean and comfortable as was the bed, we both slept very well. All the staff we encountered were very polite and helpful. We ate at the Beefeater pub next door one evening which was o.k. We will stay here again if we can get it at the right price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased to hear you were welcomed by a pleasant receptionist and polite staff throughout your stay. I am glad you had a great nights sleep whilst staying with us and found our rooms clean and comfortable.

For future reservations, the cheapest way of booking is through our Premier Inn website.

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Some family and I stayed here in September 2013 for 1 night.

The hotel is very easy to find and has a good location. Plus it's close to a petrol garage and local Tesco's. The hotel and Beefeater are joined together on the same site, which is ideal to pop across for a drink and some food.

The service was very good throughout our stay. We had 1 slight issue when we noticed the bathroom hadn't been cleaned, but straight away the cleaner came and apologised personally and it was resolved.
Aside from that the hotel was very clean! The rooms were a good size, well-equipped and comfortable. We had a twin which was a double bed (as per double rooms) with a single bed on the side which would normally be a sofa. There were a selection of pillows available.
The bathroom was good too with a bath and very powerful shower.

Overall, if I was staying over in the area and needed a hotel, I'd definitely stay here!
Especially as the other Premier Inn nearby is Festival Leisure and liable to be noisy - this was very quiet!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location good and our rooms to be clean. Please accept my apologies for the cleanliness of the bathroom. I will feedback your comments to our housekeeping depart, to avoid such incident re-occurring, I am glad this was resolved quickly for you though.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent 9 nights in Basildon at the Premier Inn as my daughter lives local and we were visiting from Australia. I was fortunate or unfortunate to get a booking as all the other hotels were booked out. I found the room claustrophobic, and with my wife we had little room to move around.
The room was clean and serviced, we booked the full breakfast daily but it was boring and repetitive. I booked a family meal in response to an sms but when I turned up that evening the restaurant Maitre D' said it was not received. I found the restaurant beef fillet the worst I have had and overpriced for the poor quality but did not complain because of my family. There was no laundry facilities at hand but found out on the 7th day that there was one near. I would never book again except for the odd night, ok for travellers on very short stays.

Room Tip: We were given a room away from the area of the bar restaurant which would have been quiet. The bar a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your 4 star review. I am pleased to hear you found your room to be clean. Please accept my apologies for the quality of food served to you in the restaurant, please be assured I will feedback your comments to the restaurant manager. When making your next booking please give us a call so we can allocate a different room for you on the other side of the building.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Perfectly ok room (yards from a roundabout), staff ok, clean room. Nothing exceptional. Lunch in the Beafeater with a large group not impressive- it was over an hour for food to arrive from ordering for a very standard order on a quiet day and a few dishes not available.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Gwann, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We booked 2 rooms just 30 minutes before arrival and found the receptionist to be extremely courteous and even gave us upgrades. The rooms were spotless!! The staff helped us in hiring a car on a bank holiday Saturday and one of them even took us to the agency in her own car since it was raining heavily. Will definitely not hesitate to go again.

Room Tip: Make sure it's the East Mayne Watermill Premiere Inn as there are 4 in Basildon!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Frances D, Manager at Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you for your 5 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us recently and found the staff to be great. I will pass on your feedback to the team member who dropped you off in her car.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Been to Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne? Share your experiences!