“Very nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne

Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne
You added Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne to your Saves list
Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne
Felmores, E Mayne, Basildon SS13 1BW, England (Formerly Watermill Travel Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £55
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Basildon
Llannon
“Very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived on Wednesday 19th Sept.and were given our room. It was explained that the part of the hotel we were in was in fact built 9 months ago. And it reflected in the comfort of the bed. It was in fact made of cement. I lost a night's sleep trying to get to sleep.Which brought me into contact with Sara the next day, when I complained of being uncomfortable in bed. What a difference she made....my goodness me...where do The Premier Inn get these staff from. She was very sorry that I had lost a nights sleep,she would arrange for a bed quilt to go under the sheet to soften the mattress.Sara and Chelsy were absolutely wonderful about the whole business and could not do enough for us.We even got a refund for that bad night!!.Danny the little cleaner deserves a mention because she bent over backwards for my wife by taking her case to the car when we left. What marvelous staff they are. Where do The Premiere Inn find then from baffles me. Thank you Sara Chelsy and Danny!! You made my stay very nice.

Room Tip: Just smile at the staff you will never regret it.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Lichfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

This was all I usually expect from a Premier Inn. Friendly staff, clean and comfortable room, although a little on the small side,especially since we were paying full price. The Inn is closely associated with the adjacent Windmill Inn so expect some pub type activity close by. The car park is separated from the Inn and pub by a shallow ditch so you have to walk across a bridge to reach the Inn and Pub. The one downside for me was the absence of a shaver socket in the bathroom. The staff's response was that they had been taken out. Why?

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inner courtyard away from the main road are probably quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

My first experience of premier inn was a very pleasant one. Very clean room designed to a very high standard.
Staff were helpfull and pleasant.
A beefeater was next door with a nice menu but which could maybe be elaborated to suit veggies.
coffee and tea supplied in room and comfy beds.
Altogether would recommend as a place to stay without any hesitation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
springfield
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My wife ,grandson and I had a very pleasent stay at this Inn. Tthe staff we came into contact with were all friendly and helpfull. The room was clean , everything worked and it was not noisy.
Plenty of hot water in the bathroom and an extractor fan to keep the air fresh.
Complimentry tea & coffee making facilities were also in the room.
We all had a nice nights rest and enjoyed our stay there.
We did not use the restraunt. next door so we are unable to comment on that.

• Stayed August 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

I had to stay at this Premier Inn for business, whilst the Olympics were on in Hadleigh Park. I was dreading it as the area was completely full. Upon check in, I was greeted by Sara, who was brilliant. Her level of knowledge of the local area was exceptional, and even though I stay in Premier Inns mostly throughout the week, it was undoubtedly the best check in I have had. She went out of her way in my opinion to ensure I got a table in the Beefeater next door, was still working when I came back late from the restuarant, (remembered my name too!) and was also behind her desk when I got up for breakfast!
My room was really clean and all of the channels on the TV worked ( unlike some of the other Premier Inns I have stayed at!)

Overall, whilst this is a large Premier Inn, the attentive high level of customer service I received ( and observed other guests receiving) was exceptional. Team members definately outshone other Premier Inns I was used previously.

Room Tip: I had what looked to be a refurbished room as it was much larger than any other room I have had with...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Cotswolds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed here for one night as we had driven across the country to attend the Olympic mountain biking event in Essex.

I must admit that I haven't stayed in a Premier Inn before and yes I expected it to be basic and it was as I envisaged. Small room, big bouncy bed and tiny bathroom, clean and tidy but very hot and stuffy. A fan had been supplied which I kept on all night as would have cooked. I hardly slept at all very as it sounded like a helicopter was hovering overhead!!

Staff were very friendly both in the hotel and the tatty Beefeater next door. As we were leaving the next morning after paying £105 for the room and breakfast I read the sign advertising 'Rooms from £29 a night" - yes I know it was the Olympics but this is miles from London and Esses only had the mountain biking for 2 days - sadly another case of 'Rip off Britain' !!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

We've stayed here twice now over the last couple of months, and we'll back again soon! The staff at this hotel are so accomodating, and will help wherever they can. The disabled facilities are great, and meet our needs - thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Premier Inn Basildon East Mayne? Share your experiences!