I stayed one night as I was working locally and wanted to avoid a 110 mile commute. Check-in was efficient and the staff attentive. My room was a double non-smoking and was a good size. The view was not all that; it overlooked the retail park and the restaurant next door. As I was quite tired, I decided to have my evening meal at the hotel. The restaurant was closed but the hotel bar was serving a full menu. The service was a little slow and I had to ask for a member of staff for a drink and again for my subsequent food order. The food was tasty and helped make-up for the slow service. During my meal there was a staff change-over that was fortunate as the subsequent service for dessert and coffee courses was much improved.
Retiring to my room I noticed that there was a choice of pillow (soft, medium, hard etc) that was a nice touch. The in-room air con didn't seem to do much, so I opened the window and settled down for the evening. Some time later I was rudely awakened to what I can only describe as a "Santa Pod" experience except that the participating cars were 1.0 litre small hatchbacks rather than thumping V8's and the like. This noise went on for several hours so clearly a regular unchecked night event? I would have expected that the retail park would have benefitted from security patrols that could have taken care of the disturbance. This unpleasantness much be costing the hotel business.
The next morning the restaurant was open for the breakfast service. The choice of cold meats/fruits/cereals and cooked breakfast was of a standard you would expect. The kitchen staff helpfully made me a salmon omelette to order that was a nice touch. Check-out was swift, although I think I missed the busiest time.
I would strongly recommend that the hotel petitions the private security company to improve the patrols on the retail park to avoid "boy racer fest".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Basildon is located on the Festival Leisure Park set in its own grounds overlooking a picturesque garden and fishing lake. The Holiday Inn Basildon is 0.5 Miles from CNH tractor plant and 3 miles from Ford Motor Company research centre. We are only 40 minutes from Stansted Airport and 8 miles from the M25 Jct.29 With easy access to Lakeside and Bluewater shopping centres. The Holiday Inn Basildon bedrooms have High Speed Internet Access and are Air-Conditioned. Family, and accessible rooms are available. Meeting rooms and public areas have WIFI. We offer an extensive menu served daily in our lounge and 24 hour room service. The Holiday Inn Basildon is a popular venue for Meetings in the Academy Conference centre. The Holiday Inn Basildon also caters for Banqueting events including Dinner Dances and Weddings in our suites which can cater for up to 220 guests and has ample free parking, including accessible parking. The Festival Leisure Park adjacent to the hotel boasts a wide choice of restaurants, nightclubs and leisure activities, including a 10 screen Cinema and Bowling ally. As one of our guests at the hotel you can take advantage of complimentary one day passes to the Fitness First gym that is a two minute walk from the hotel. The Hotel offers leisure packages:- Shopping, family and Honeymoon. Kids Stay and Eat Free* making Holiday Inn Basildon an ideal location for a family short break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Basildon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Basildon Hotel Basildon
- Basildon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Basildon Essex