The hotel can not deny it is ageing. My executive room had stains on the carpet (as most of the corridors have) and broken floor tiles in the bathroom. The room itself was OK but the bathroom was too small, oldfashioned and worn-out.
Breakfast was quite OK although the food was the same every day and after five days you did not want to see bacon, eggs and toast any more. The athmosphere, the furniture and the presentation of the food could be much better. The room had a great view of the lake and staff was friendly and very efficient.
Service: I forgot my UK adapter and they could not help me at the reception, they were "out of adapters because the guests don't bring them back". Delivering a newspaper to your door in the morning (which is standard for Priority Club Platinum members) worked in one of five nights and at the end of my stay I found a fee for that newspaper on my invoice. Sometimes there was not even a newspaper available at the reception. Housekeeping did not refill the toiletry and when I asked the frontdesk they could provide only part of the toiletry.
Definitely the best feature of this hotel is that they give you free vouchers for the Fitness First Club which is 500 yds away.
Hint: Beware of several speed cameras between Basildon and the A130.
Bottom line: Ok to go there but don't expect too much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Basildon is located on the Festival Leisure Park set in its own grounds overlooking a picturesque garden and fishing lake. The Holiday Inn Basildon is 0.5 Miles from CNH tractor plant and 3 miles from Ford Motor Company research centre. We are only 40 minutes from Stansted Airport and 8 miles from the M25 Jct.29 With easy access to Lakeside and Bluewater shopping centres. The Holiday Inn Basildon bedrooms have High Speed Internet Access and are Air-Conditioned. Family, and accessible rooms are available. Meeting rooms and public areas have WIFI. We offer an extensive menu served daily in our lounge and 24 hour room service. The Holiday Inn Basildon is a popular venue for Meetings in the Academy Conference centre. The Holiday Inn Basildon also caters for Banqueting events including Dinner Dances and Weddings in our suites which can cater for up to 220 guests and has ample free parking, including accessible parking. The Festival Leisure Park adjacent to the hotel boasts a wide choice of restaurants, nightclubs and leisure activities, including a 10 screen Cinema and Bowling ally. As one of our guests at the hotel you can take advantage of complimentary one day passes to the Fitness First gym that is a two minute walk from the hotel. The Hotel offers leisure packages:- Shopping, family and Honeymoon. Kids Stay and Eat Free* making Holiday Inn Basildon an ideal location for a family short break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Basildon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Basildon Hotel Basildon
- Basildon Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Basildon Essex