“Fraudulent people!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sevenways Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Buxton
Sevenways Guest House
You added Sevenways Guest House to your Saves list
1 College Road, Buxton SK17 9DZ, England   |
Ranked #36 of 40 Buxton B&B and Inns
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Fraudulent people!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

What a joke this place was! We booked to stay here for a wedding months ago, so arrived on the day of the wedding to get ready. We rang the bell a few times an no one answered so thought we try calling. The number had been disconnected and no one was there. We peeped through the windows and the place was a mess. There were windows open in the private 'house' part and a wheel barrow full of fresh garden waste so someone was there. Fuming we went across the road and luckily got rooms there. Only to be told that Seven ways was closed for the foreseeable future!!! GREAT! They took our money and never emailed to tell us they had closed down or refund us the money!!! We are currently thinking of reporting them for fraud!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

Having made my booking and received my booking confirmation I arrived only to find it was closed for building work. I received a pointless email when I was standing outside saying they were closed for the foreseeable future for building work and that I wouldn't be charged! If I had any problem then call the manager. I did call the manager and he was unhelpful and not at all apologetic for taking bookings when his business is closed. He blamed his Internet provider but that is not good enough. I would urge you not to stay here. I asked the owner why he had only sent me an email after my confirmed arrival time and his answer was that "I don't check my emails every day." Did he offer to make another booking for me? Did he apologise? Was he friendly? NO NO and NO.

• Stayed April 2012
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Having booked at this BB and paid in full by cheque as apparently the on-line booking system was not working I unfortunately had to cancel. The telephone does not work and they do not respond to e-mails. In my view this outfit is fraudulent. I am in the process of taking legal action to retrieve my money. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS BB

Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

My husband and myself were going to stay at Sevenways for a short break, unfortunately my mother passed away 4 days before we were supposed to stay, I rang the owner and explained the situation and asked if we could stay another date and he told us it was fully booked, but not to worry he would give us a full refund of £75, 6 weeks later still waiting for a refund, I've tried ringing, no answer and e-mailing and nothing. After reading the reviews we are pleased we didn't stay.

Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

my partner and myself didnt even make it to the house,

The OWNER CALLED 4 days before our arrival date to cancel our room because of a proposed leak in the house (thankfully after reading these reviews im pleased we didnt get there). reasuring us that we would be given a full refund of £140.00.

FOUR WEEKS later and numerous unanswered phone calls and emails we still are yet to recieve a refund!

I am now in the process of going through court proceedings and consumer direct to stop these kind of people doing this again!!!!!!!

DO NOT STAY HERE......................................................

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011 via mobile

This guest house is situated in an idyllic location and we were looking forward to our 3 night break.
First impressions of the place were fab. We were greated on arrival and made to feel very welcome. The guest house has a great ambience and great style. Bedrooms were nice, clean and comfortable and after a long day out walking we were ready for the hearty breakfast we had the morning. The surrounding area and the guest house itself is beautiful. We really enjoyed our break and have booked to return in December for our anniversary.

• Stayed August 2011
Ouagadougou
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is one guest house that I will not be staying at again and I would never recommend it even to Col Gaddafi. It lacked in everything that you would expect from a guest house... such as any sense of a personal touch. The decor was out dated and, although the web site pictures were a fair representation of the subject matter, they really not paint an honest picture of what the Seven Ways was like as a whole. This was the first break away my wife and I had had without our children for a long time. The none happening guest house from the 50s spoiled our whole weekend. My advice is, spend a little extra and go to the Grendon Guest House, Buxton. We went there the year before and I’m only disappointed we didn’t go there again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Sevenways Guest House? Share your experiences!