“You'd be lucky to find better” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Alison Park Hotel

You added Alison Park Hotel to your Saves list
Alison Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Temple Road | Derbyshire Peak District, Buxton, England   |
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Buxton
Bristol, United Kingdom
“You'd be lucky to find better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Alison Park is just what it says it is - 'AA ** Small Hotel' and it's very good at it. It is family run hotel, wholly unpretentious, comfortable, serves good food and the staff are friendly and helpful without being 'matey'. The rooms are pretty basic but comfortable, adequate to our needs and some have level entry shower suitable for disabled. The location is good for both the Pavilion Gardens/ Opera House and the town centre - and it's quiet. If the car park is full there is plenty of street parking immediately outside the entrance. As far as wheelchair access is concerned it is by far the best hotel in the town and as long as you aren't looking for the services of a **** hotel then in my experience (and we've been there several times and recommended it to friends) you'll be very lucky to find better value for money.

Room Tip: My choice is limited by wheelchair accessibility, but I doubt if they have an 'bad' rooms
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

What a lovely time was had by all.
Wonderful food and friendly staff. The young waiter staff were delightful. My bed was just as I like it and we were warm in the absence of summer.
So useful having the Pavilion Gardens, Opera House and town centre so close as were all of a certain age. Lovely to have a family run 2 nd generation Hotel.
We hope to return sometime.

Room Tip: I can only speak for my room 104 We were in a twin at the roadside of the hotel but it was very qui...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am so glad your enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you all again. What a fun group you all were, I am glad a put in a special request for the weather. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel.
Old Leake, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Just spent 4 nights at the Alison Park Hotel, very friendly & very polite staff & management. We took advantage of their DBB offer, the food and choices were very good, we were a group of 18 and no one had to wait, breakfasts are cooked to order so its all freshly cooked. the rooms are a little dated, but with the age of the building it must be very difficult, but saying that they were very clean. other review mentions up 2 flights of stairs, but they could have used the lift.

This is the third time we have stayed and will definately visit again.

Room Tip: If they do not mention something on their web site, contact them and ask, I am sure they will go out...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am so glad you all enjoyed your stay. You were a fun group to have in the hotel and a pleasure to accommodate. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Merseyside
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband, baby and I stayed at the Alison Park Hotel. We stayed in a family room and there was a cot set up for us. The room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of tea, coffee, biscuits which was nice. Also nice shampoo and soap in the bathroom.
Breakfast was very good- the breakfast room was lovely. There is a bar and nice lounge.
The hotel is in a great location, very close to the Pavillion gardens and Buxton town.
We had a lovely break and good value for money.
Thanks :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed the stay and hope to welcome you all back to the hotel soon. We love having the babies come back and watching them grow up.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was a nice walk away from opera house . Great location . Bar was not open when we got back though . Rooms quite dated but very clean and had tea coffee facilities .
Breakfast was good and staff pleasant .
Would stay here again

• Stayed February 2013
sarawoj, Manager at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that the staff made you feel welcome. I am sorry the bar was closed when you came back to the hotel, we would normally keep it open beyond 11pm, but at that point if there is no one drinking in the bar we do close it. We usually try andmake sure our guests have returned for the evening though, so apologies for this oversight. I am glad you would return to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back.
Derby, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We stayed here overnight last weekend whilst visiting Buxton and were greeted by very friendly and helpful reception staff who ensured we had our keys, directions and instructions to enter building. Our double room was on the top floor, up 2 flights of stairs and had a decent sized en suite bathroom, tea / coffee facilities, TV, etc. Our room and bedding were clean and tidy and the hotel was very reasonably priced (we stayed on a B&B basis). It's not 5 star luxury, but you get what you pay for and I would recommend this hotel as a good base to explore Buxton (the Pavillion Gardens are across the road and there is a nice walk through them to the nearby Opera House and town centre). You can park your car in the Hotel car park for free and it's in a nice, safe area. Breakfast was standard fair and was decent enough. All in all, decent and reasonably priced B&B accommodation.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that we made you feel welcome. I home you come back and visit us when you are in the area.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on a Saturday and had no issues. The staff were really welcoming and helpful. I have read the other reviews and would say that whilst the rooms are a little dated it didn't interfere with our stay. We were staying here as a base for sight seeing and walking so it was ideal as an overnight stop and in a short walking distance of the town and parks.
We had breakfast at the hotel which was nice and they cater for vegetarians also. Dinner was also fine, reasonably priced although the portion size was on the small side for the bake.
On the whole we had a really great stay where we were welcomed and the staff were really accommodating. It's not boutique luxury but is not priced as that either, we would definitely go back if we were overnighting after days out.

• Stayed November 2012
sarawoj, Owner at Alison Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I also agree we are aware that some of the rooms are dated and have a rolling rota of renovation, so inevitably some are more modern than others. I am pleased you enjoyed the breakfasts, especially as a Vegetarian. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Been to Alison Park Hotel? Share your experiences!