The manageress who owns the hotel was very friendly and always had a smile on her face. Free wi-fi, so the brochure says is available on the ground floor, but we could get it on the second floor.
Breakfast was stonking, but we eat out in Hay on Wye for an evening meal, so can't comment on the quality / quantity of food for tea. The hotel is not situated in the centre of Hay, but hey, Hay is not that a big a place, so it's only a 2 minute walk to where all the action is happening.
Talking of action, Hay wasn't as busy as I thought it was going to be in mid June. Maybe the kindle and online book shops are the shape of things to come. There's some lovely walks almost just outside the hotel that take you along the river and onto some very open meadow lands.
But back to the hotel. For me it was great, no complaints and had a lovely charm about it. My wife and I thoroughly recommend it.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Swan at Hay, a family run hotel and restaurant in the Marches town of Hay on Wye where warm hospitality and good food await you. Standing alongside the glorious river Wye, Hay on Wye retains all the charm of a late Georgian, early Victorian market town. With its markets, book shops, boutique style shops and access to the unrivalled scenery of The Black Mountains and Welsh Marches, Hay on Wye is the ideal base for your short break and we look forward to meeting you at The Swan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.