Not a truly terrible hotel but just not very good at all. Tired furnishings - the curtain rail had come down in our original choice of room and they kindly offered us a superior room - which was so dreary we went back to the first one. With damp stains on the ceiling, rotten wood by the door frame - the bedrooms really need renovation and updated decor. The shower also needs attention as it veers between very hot indeed and cold. The breakfast, though copious, was poor with a very strange taste of soap powder (I thought I was imagining this until my husband said afterwards he had tasted this too). Service was friendly but not very professional. If it had been around £50 -£60 per night I would think this was fair value but it's overpriced at £90 (and this was a special offer) and doesn't warrant its three star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Swan at Hay, a family run hotel and restaurant in the Marches town of Hay on Wye where warm hospitality and good food await you. Standing alongside the glorious river Wye, Hay on Wye retains all the charm of a late Georgian, early Victorian market town. With its markets, book shops, boutique style shops and access to the unrivalled scenery of The Black Mountains and Welsh Marches, Hay on Wye is the ideal base for your short break and we look forward to meeting you at The Swan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Swan at Hay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Swan At Hay Hotel Hay-On-Wye
- Swan At Hay On Wye
- Swan At Hay Hotel
- The Swan At Hay Hay-On-Wye, Wales