“Fantastic hotel in the middle of the quiet countryside” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort

You added Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort to your Saves list
Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Limerick Junction | Ballykisteen, Tipperary, Ireland (Formerly Ramada)   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Tipperary
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ireland
“Fantastic hotel in the middle of the quiet countryside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

I have just returned from a wonderful spa break in the ballykisteen hotel. My sister and I brought my mum and auntie here for the weekend.We checked in lunch time on saturday, after the short 2.5 hour journey from dublin, and had lunch in the bar which was very tasty and served with a smile. Two of us had a massage and two had a facial and everyone really enjoyed it.

Our deal included our breakfast and dinner and we were so impressed with the standard of food,selection on the menu and the impeccable service at both meals. I had steak with pepper sauce which was tasty and perfectly cooked. plenty veg/potatoes and chips to keep us happy. The desserts were delicious, their chocolate cake was to die for!!

We also used the pool & jacuzzi while there and really enjoyed it. It was spotless and not packed like other hotel pools.
The room was well laid out with one of the comfiest beds ive ever slept in! Nice heavy curtains to block out the morning light after drinking wine in the bar til the wee hours! plenty fresh towels/tea & coffee etc in the room.

The hotel bar was buzzing saturday night with a guy playing the guitar from 11-12.30, really relaxing in the comfy couches - just so lovely!

I couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough and have already suggested a return visit to this wonderful place. It is in a remote area so I do think one night is sufficent, as you only stay in the hotel. We all floated back to dublin the following day after a truely wonderful and relaxing experience.

• Liked — the spa & dinner
  • Disliked — Nothing, it was gorgeous!
  • Stayed February 2009
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

My mother and I went to stay in this hotel in October. We were looking for a relaxing getaway break. The hotel is fabulously designed from the outside. The rooms were nice and the reception area was lovely. However, there were a few elements that I was disappointed with. The hotel in general was very cold. There was no evidence that the heating was turned on. We managed to put the heating in our room but the reception area and the bar were very cold. We ate the bar food the first night and it wasn't great. The bar itself was extremely cold and was not conducive to dining. The following night we ate in the restaurant and the food was beautiful. We both went to the Spa and had treatments. These were very disappointing. The "spa" was actually more of a beauticians than a spa. There was no relaxation area and again it was very cold. I had been looking forward to the pool but infortunately the pool was closed due to low temperatures. I just thought how diapppointing this would have been for a family that came here with the amin attraction being the pool.

• Liked — the rooms
  • Disliked — the cold
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

This was a venue for a family wedding, and honestly it had to be the most consise wedding venue around! The hotel had a huge number of discounted holiday homes, a beautiful function room, pool, spa, 2 bars, golf course and pretty surroundings. The wedding reception was very tastefully done, the table arrangements and food couldn't be faulted. They had so many staff available that you were never left waiting for a drink or any other query. Everyone who went to the wedding was impressed with both their accomodation and the venue. Big thumbs up for Ballykisteen!

• Liked — The holiday homes were huge, so clean and every item you could possibly need was there.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2008

I stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding and I really enjoyed my stay. The staff are very pleasant. The rooms are newly decorated, well kitted out and large by Irish standards. We ate in the restaurant on the first night as part of our package and the food was very good. Breakfast was very decent but the staff were a bit hit and miss. However, this is probably because they were exhausted as the same staff were serving in the bar the night before. We had a bar snack and it was very good. The wedding reception and meal went well. The service was above average for a wedding - no delay in getting the meals out.

Overall I would say no frills but a very solid experience.

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Staff/service at breakfast
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
westmeath
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2008

I booked a break for myself and my boyfriend for valentines week . From our arrival staff were very friendly and helpful . our room was beautifully laid out . Our deal included one dinner and even on one of their busiest nights(valentines ) they squeezed us into the restaurant even though we had no reservations , we also got a bottle of wine ,a rose, and a glass of champers for the night that was in it . All in all a fantastic break away .Becase of its location a car would be needed to get around , LImerick city is only 20 mins away and Tipp town a five min drive . A lvely place to go .

• Liked — the room and the staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Galway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2007

Checked in and unpacked, tried to get the interent connected as I was here for a few days, I called them and I was told that the internet did not work in that room. So we had to re-pack and move, this time the radiator was on full blast and I could not turn it off, by the time I realised this there was no one to fix it so I had to sleep with the window open all night and get it fixed the next day.
The restaurant was awful, I had a deal which included one nights dinner, if I had to pay for it I would have said something. My starter of beetroot and cheese salad was a joke, tasteless, and it was beetroot from a jar, not even proper beetroot.
The main of surf and turf was not as bad, the steak was nice but the prawns were overcooked and like rubber, if I'd had to pay €25 for it, I'd be disgusted. The dessert of raspberry roulade was soggy, it had been in the fridge for a few days I'd say, the cream was overwhipped and had the consistency of butter.
I also thought the hotel was in a tranquil and remote setting, its not, it is just off the main N24 which is very busy and noisy, and Tipperary town is only a few mins drive away.

• Stayed November 2007
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Naas, Kildare
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

Just a quick note. Myself & a few girlfriends are recently back from a really relaxing weekend away in Tipperary . We stayed in Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort in Limerick Junction. It was lovely. We had a self catering lodge to ourselves and they were extremely clean.The grounds around the hotel are gorgeous with an 18 hole golf course and lakes.
We especially enjoyed the Serenity Spa where we all got massages. The Dinners both nights were very Tasty.
All the Staff were friendly & polite ( which is rare these days, so well done!!!)
It was a very relaxing few days and already planning another weekend away there soon.

Karen Lyons. Nass, Co.Kildare

• Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort? Share your experiences!