I have just returned from a wonderful spa break in the ballykisteen hotel. My sister and I brought my mum and auntie here for the weekend.We checked in lunch time on saturday, after the short 2.5 hour journey from dublin, and had lunch in the bar which was very tasty and served with a smile. Two of us had a massage and two had a facial and everyone really enjoyed it.
Our deal included our breakfast and dinner and we were so impressed with the standard of food,selection on the menu and the impeccable service at both meals. I had steak with pepper sauce which was tasty and perfectly cooked. plenty veg/potatoes and chips to keep us happy. The desserts were delicious, their chocolate cake was to die for!!
We also used the pool & jacuzzi while there and really enjoyed it. It was spotless and not packed like other hotel pools.
The room was well laid out with one of the comfiest beds ive ever slept in! Nice heavy curtains to block out the morning light after drinking wine in the bar til the wee hours! plenty fresh towels/tea & coffee etc in the room.
The hotel bar was buzzing saturday night with a guy playing the guitar from 11-12.30, really relaxing in the comfy couches - just so lovely!
I couldnt recommend this hotel highly enough and have already suggested a return visit to this wonderful place. It is in a remote area so I do think one night is sufficent, as you only stay in the hotel. We all floated back to dublin the following day after a truely wonderful and relaxing experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in the shadow of the Galtee Mountains, this Resort in Tipperary is adjacent to the renowned Tipperary Racecourse, Limerick Junction railway station and the Glen of Aherlow making Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort a perfect 4* Tipperary conference hotel and wedding venue. Situated in a picturesque location coupled with a contemporary finish a visit at 'Ballykisteen Hotel & Golf Resort’, is a truly memorable experience and a popular choice of venue for any weddings in Tipperary. This hotel in Tipperary is just a half hour drive or short train journey from Limerick City, the ideal location for meetings and conferences with reputation as one of the finest Tipperary conference hotels, a great Tipperary golf resort with a modern spa Serenity Day Spa or a base for walking and other activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Ballykisteen Hotel and Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballykisteen Hotel And Golf Tipperary
- Ballykisteen Hotel Tipperary