“Not enough dead things.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 12 attractions in Chepstow
Type: Museums
Attraction Details
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Not enough dead things.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

The title of the review was my wife comments when I asked her what she thought. Overall it is a friendly and welcoming place to visit. Free to visit and holds a very eclectic collection of local history. To be honest I would recommend it over the castle to anyone visiting Chepstow.

southampton
23 attraction reviews
“loved the liberty bodice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

delightful museum, excellent staff who are a credit to the town
well worth a visit and the liberty bodice exhibition brought many memories.

Visited July 2013
england
8 attraction reviews
“Ok I suppose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I found it interesting as I was brought up in the town, moved away and returned many years later feeling nostalgic. I also remembered the museum when it was a hospital and a family member was an inpatient many years ago.

If I didn't have that connection/interest, I would have been disappointed I think.

Also I was made to feel that I had to put a comment in the visitors book and had to do a survey on the Museum. I did one, not the other. The woman behind the very small counter was right next to both pieces of paper and I got the impression she was watching like a hawk to make sure you did both. She was distracted when I left....a bit overpowering when you don't really want to get into a discussion I felt.

Young children could quite possible be bored stiff - teddies or no teddies.

Bideford, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
“Not for the young”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I liked the building but there was a great deal of reading and not a lot to see. I would not take a child even though they are trying to encourage children by using a toy bear cupboard. Collect a companion bear to take around with you. Not a good idea unless the bear can read.

Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“tidy provincial museum”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Enjoyed learning about the town, eclectic mix of exhibits and free to visit - no excuse not to drop by if you are in the area.