“Great Curry” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
St Austell, United Kingdom
“Great Curry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

The setting is really good in an old arched cellar. Food & service were "bang on" We had a great meal in a super atmosphere!!

Visited June 2013

84% Recommend
cardiff
“A Great Find For Us In Chepstow.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We are often in Chepstow and looking for a meal before driving home after the evening rush hour. Sometimes difficult to find somewhere open at that time. This lovely Restaurant was open at about 5 45 and the waiters were just setting up .
They let us in a bit early and we ordered drinks and poppadums. These were hot and fresh and served with a lovely selection on the chutney tray. A shared starter, Chicken Chat was so tasty, and our main courses were excellent too. Add to this a lovely cellar setting and attentive, friendly polite staff,and you have the ingredients for a great Indian Restaurant. We were given complimentary liqueurs and the slices of fresh orange were a nice touch too. We had read the good reviews on Trip Advisor and are pleased to add one of our own. Thank you to all at Sitar, we will be back soon for your lovely food at a very reasonable price.

Visited June 2013
“Hard to find but worth a try”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This basement restaurant on the corner of the square was busy on a Friday night, a good sign. Friendly service, maybe a little slow, a very different atmosphere to the other main curry house in Chepstow.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Cornwall
“Lovely food, lovely people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I found myself in Chepstow on my own last week, having travelled to see my mother and having delivered her to a Choral rehearsal. Needing supper I went searching for a curry! Locating the Sitar I expected a very quiet mid-week, mid-evening experience. What a surprise! The place was humming with families and couples and I felt quite out of place being on my own, an unusual experience. In the event the staff were brilliant, finding me a table staight away and delivering a superb meal, full of fresh spices and rounded off with a complimentary Sambuco! I was even offered another upon paying my bill! I will be back as soon as I can with my wife (and mum!)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chepstow, United Kingdom
“Outstanding quality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were recommended by several people. The food was excellent, full of flavour and good use of the many Indian spices. Very authentic Indian cuisine. All tastes well catered for those who don't like hot food have various options to choose from too. Some Indian sweets would have been nice. The staff are all excellent, wait on the tables well without being too over attentive. The Chef / Boss is always available to speak to diners. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere