“Good but not the best” 4 of 5 stars

01291-62-32-22
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mughal Spice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 55 Restaurants in Chepstow
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: NP16 5HT (UK POSTCODE)
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good but not the best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I decided to try the restaurant after reading the ratings and reviews on here. I went with 2 family members, both of whom are vegetarians, whilst I am a meat eater.
We went fairly early on a Wednesday evening, and the restaurant was virtually empty. Service was prompt and efficient from start to finish, every waiter had a good attitude and were pleasant to deal with.
The menu is more limited than other restaurants I have been to, but this is not a negative comment, the dishes on there were well selected and there was sufficient choice for the non meat eaters. The starters we chose were enjoyed by all (mixed kebab, onion bhaji, pathra leaf). My criticism is of the main courses, although tasty the portion sizes were too small, both for the dishes and the rice. The pricing is somewhere in the middle of the road, and I would have expected slightly more. This was the first time I had been for a 3 course Indian meal and left the restaurant still hungry!
In conclusion, a good restaurant, but make sure to order extra if you're hungry.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Chepstow, United Kingdom
“The reataurant that makes me love the Indian cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I never tried the Indian food because in Spain, that is from where I am originally, the Indian food is not really popular. My friend Carlos Arias introduce me to the Indian flavours when I went with him to the Mughal Spice. From this moment I started to love the Indian cuisine and I've tried different restaurants in the UK, but none of then is as good as the Mughal Spice. It is the best Indian Restaurant In the south of Wales and west of England by far. And the cherry on the top is the friendly and professional service. I highly recommend it.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kuching, Malaysia
“Best Indian in Wales ?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

The Mughai Spice has a somewhat unique menu in my experience but the food and service were both very good.

Ambiance is not particularly Indian. There is a ground floor bar and the seating is in various upstairs rooms making quite a big restaurant.

The restaurant is right next to a convenient big Car Park. Chepstow's Tesco is opposite on the other side of the main road.

Good Indian experience overall.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
United Kingdom
“Chepstow Curry House at its best!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Brilliant flavours and great atmosphere.

Easy parking nearby and the train station a 5 minute walk.

If you like Curry and would like something different this is a place to dig out your smart clothes for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cardigan, United Kingdom
“Best place to eat in chepstow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Ordered a takeaway from here, on arrival they had told us that our food was just finishing off; which was fine. A couple of minuets passed and we were offered a drink at the bar for the wait. We decided not to have one, we weren't that bothered about the wait as me and my mum were just taking the atmosphere of the restaurant in, and it's lovely decor. We waited in total about 10 minuets tops for our food. But as we were leaving the gentleman handed us a bottle of red wine 'merry christmas' he said 'sorry about the wait' we were shocked! We tried giving him the bottle back but he was adamant we took it. What a lovely place. Oh and the food, faultless. Deffiantly be back soon, maybe even eat in next time. Thank you.