We were booked in for three nights in the General Wade building for a relaxing weekend break. The hotel grounds are stunning. The room was fine. Food was ok (definitely nothing special), hygiene was poor eg kitchen staff not in overalls and waiters wiping their noses and serving food.
The noise was horrendous, we complained on the first night (as did other visitors) as there was a wedding on in a marquee a short distance from our rooms. We asked if there would be a wedding on the second day, and we were told no. However as the night went on, we found that there was a corporate event in the same marquee until 1am.
This is not a pet friendly hotel, due to the noise.
We do not recommend Dunkeld Hilton, the customer is not priority and you will not have a good weekend. We left the hotel at 10.30pm on our second night, as the noise was unbearable (as did other visitors).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Dunkeld House is set in its own secluded 280-acre woodland estate in the beautiful Perthshire countryside, on the banks of the River Tay. With a wide range of activities and facilities both within the resort and the local area, it is the perfect getaway whether you are visiting for business or pleasure. The hotel has 98 guest rooms, Livingwell Health Club, [comfort zone] spa and on site activity centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Dunkeld House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Dunkeld Perthshire Hotel Dunkeld
- Hilton Dunkeld Hotel
- Hilton Dunkeld House Scotland