“Home from Home at "The Cedars"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cedars Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
The Cedars Guesthouse
You added The Cedars Guesthouse to your Saves list
51 Alexandra Parade | East Bay, Dunoon PA238AF, Scotland   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Dunoon B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Home from Home at "The Cedars"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Over the Easter weekend we stayed at 'The Cedars' Guesthouse. Despite the arrival of our party of 4 being somewhat unexpected, we were instantly welcomed by our Hosts and treated to tea and biscuits. Raymond and Jackie (Owners) were quick to ensure we felt at home and went the extra mile to ensure this was the case. The accommodation was scrupulously clean, warm and comfortable. Breakfast was served in the lovely dining room to the front of the house, supporting magnificent views across the Clyde. Food was excellent, and nothing was too much trouble to prepare. Information on 'places to go' was readily available and after a tiring day out and about, Jackie willingly put her chauffeuring skills to the test when we needed transporting to our evening venues. Scottish hospitality does not come better than this!!!

Room Tip: Front room at the top has excellent views.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

If you want a warm welcome, fastidious cleanliness, where absolutely nothing is too much trouble, together with an excellent breakfast then look no further.
We had an excellent visit, beautiful views over the Clyde from room 2.
The owners even offered to give us a lift to the restaurant we were going to in the evening!
Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I can only say that in the time I stayed here everything was outstanding, I felt as though I was in a home with family, the owners are a wonderful couple and I will be back next year with my wife, would not stay anywhere else in Dunoon. I highly recommend The Cedars.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014 via mobile

Wonderful stay in a beautifully clean, warm and welcoming home. We will definitely be returning again very soon!
The owners are very kind and friendly and the service was second to none! Delicious breakfast to top off a lovely stay.

• Stayed January 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I live in the States and travel to Dunoon, Scotland annually to visit family and friends. I CANNOT speak highly enough about The Cedars! Raymond & Jackie Hobbs are truly amazing owners. As soon as you walk in you feel at home. Raymond took my bags up to my room and made sure I had everything that I needed. Naturally, the time change messed up my sleeping schedule so I was not able to get up until 10:30/ 11:00 the first couple of mornings. Even if I told Raymond breakfast at 9 and accidentally slept in, he always made me breakfast no matter what time it was.
When you walk into the dining area, they have a table set up with freshly cut fruit and yogurt laid out with orange juice. He would come out and ask me if I wanted tea or coffee, and in no time I would be sipping on a hot, fresh cup of tea while I enjoyed the majestic view of the clyde. He made sure to get exactly what I wanted to eat each morning: scrambled eggs, sausage links, sausage square, black pudding, and bacon (A true scottish meal!) Some of the best cooking I've ever had by the way. For a week, I started my day off full and content. After a day of seeing friends and family I would always come back to a clean and warm room.
Not only is the hospitality outstanding, but Raymond and Jackie are such beautiful people. One night my mum and I sat with them and talked over a glass of wine. They are extremely friendly and welcoming. They made me feel like The Cedars was my home away from home. They go above and beyond to give you the best experience.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND. If you are looking for a quaint, cozy place to stay with a 5 star experience, The Cedars will not disappoint.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Paisley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed overnight at this guesthouse and would highly recommend it spotless with great view .Proprietors go out of their way to help you they even drove us to the event we were over for breakfast was excellent and they make you feel so relaxed and welcome could only say its def. a place to recommend I know we will be back.

Room Tip: We had room 7 excellent view across the Clyde.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We were both very pleased with the Cedars.Our room was spotless and had a fantastic view over the Firth of Clyde. Breakfast was excellent with a great choice. The proprietors were very welcoming and could not do enough for us. I can highly recommend this guesthouse.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Cedars Guesthouse? Share your experiences!