“Home away from home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mayfair

The Mayfair
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dunoon
The Mayfair
You added The Mayfair to your Saves list
7 Clyde St | Kirn, Dunoon PA23 8DX, Scotland   |
Ranked #5 of 19 Dunoon B&B and Inns
Turunc, Turkey
“Home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was very fortunate to stay at The Mayfair, in Dunoon, Scotland, whilst doing a diving course.
At first sight, it looked cosy, a real homey feeling, And the owners really make you feel at home as soon as you arrive, the room was spacious and very comfortable. Although I was the only guest at the time, nothing changed, the service and quality was to standard, also I had the full menu at my disposal, all the breakfast and dinner options were still available to me, although there were no other gueasts, at the time, I only stayed for a very short time, as my course was a short one. In all the time I was there, I never felt uncomfortable, and all my needs were met, with a smile. like I said, home away from home.
I would definitely stay there again should I return to Scotland.

Yours truly

Duan Joubert

Room Tip: All the rooms are equally comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Mayfair for just over 2 months.

The hospitality of the owners was great, and the food was very good. Home cooked meals, and plenty of them.

It is about a 15min walk from the town center, along the waterfront.

Will def stay again if I'm ever up this way.

• Stayed August 2012
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've just got back home after staying at The Mayfair for 8 weeks and was thoroughly pleased with everything about the place. The rooms were a great size and very comfortable. Overall cleanliness of both the room and en suite were outstanding. Would I recommend The Mayfair? Yes, without a shadow of doubt. Both Jenny and Dennis looked after me like one of their own, nothing was ever too difficult. Do I have any complaints, yes, unfortunately I had to come home!!

Thank you so so much guys, you were amazing!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hurlford, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

we had a lovely time. it was very nice, room was excellent,jenny and Dennis were excellent hosts, couldn't have made us more welcome.the view from the Mcgregor suite was breath taking,will be back again that's for sure . Mr &Mrs Harper Kilmarnock.

Room Tip: don't have to give a tip best find out for yourself
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Conwy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

i stayed at the mayfair for 9 weeks whilst doing my diving course. Nothing was too much trouble the rooms were clean food was great it was a cold winter didnt feel cold in the hotel over all a great experience felt like part of the family in the end would like to thank jenny and dennis. And I will be going back very soon to complete some more training.....

Room Tip: lovely views in the front overlooking the loch.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We have been going to the Mayfair for 3 years now and couldnt wish for anything better. the rooms are fantastic, clean and comfortable. Jenny and Dennis are brilliant hosts and always make you feel welcome and are always on hand if you need any help. its in great area in dunoon and a great place to stay for cowal games. I would recommend this place to anyone!!
We are going back next year again and can't wait to go. the whole experience was exciting, fun and enjoyable.
Need a place to stay????
Then stay at the Mayfair Guest House :-)

Room Tip: The Bruce room is lovely, gives you a nice view across the water, and you can see the cruise ships a...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Aug 20-27,2011 Had a great stay . Would love to come back . Clean and warm ! Made us both feel at home and would love to come back . If your looking for a place to stay then stay here . They are great to be with and would happy to have them come to the states with us anytime. If your reading this then book your room here you will be very happy. One great place to stay .

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mayfair? Share your experiences!