Rose Cottage

The lounge with Multifuel stove. Seating for 6 people
The lounge with free. wifi
The dining room. Large table with seating for 6 pepole. There is a interesting carving on the beam.
THe kitchen withrange cooker.fridge , freezer, dish washer,washing machine and tumble drier.
Godshill

Janeywane...
Tunbridge Wells
“Idyllic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

For those of you that skim read here's a quick overview. Without a doubt the best holiday cottage I have stayed in. I found Rose Cottage on the internet and liked the reviews so I thought I would take a gamble and book. I went with my parents who are in their 70s and 80s and my two boys 2 and nearly 4. So often when you arrive somewhere there are little things that are disappointing and it doesn't quite match up to your expectations. Rose cottage surpassed my expectations and I totally fell in love with it from the moment we pulled in the drive. The house is full of character, a sitting room with an inglenook and wood burner, which we thought we would use one evening. It heated up in no time and was very cosy. The kitchen was a good size with lots of units and a well equipped. The dining room is a good size and there is a single bedroom with a w/c and double doors leading to the fenced courtyard area. Upstairs their is a very large twin, good size double and single which also fitted my travel cot, all beds were very comfy. All the rooms have beautiful views over the farm or countryside. Upstairs there is a shower room with a w/c. The layout worked perfectly for us and meant I had one end with the boys and my parents were the other side.
Outside the downstairs bedroom and kitchen you will find a very large courtyard. Perfect for containing a lively 2 year old who would like to make a break for freedom. We ate most meals out there and my 4 year old rode round it constantly on his bike. Pete and Anne's house is side on to the courtyard and were a joy to have around, so friendly and kind and completely laid back. Not obtrusive but there for a chat if you wanted. Anne even brought in my washing when it rained.
Through the gate from the courtyard you can see the pool which was lovely. I managed to swim a few times and admit it was a little chilly but you soon get used to it. Beyond that a little bridge takes you to the pond with a boat on it and the very pretty gingerbread house. We didn't use this area much as my 2 year old would have launched himself into the pond but you cannot fail to be wowed by it, so so pretty.
From the kitchen window you can see the farm next door and my 4 year old was beside himself when the farmer drove his tractor in and out of the large barn and waved at him. The cockerill and chickens and numerous bunnies roaming free were delighful and just added to the total escape of it all. There is a small paddock with the trampoline at the front of the house that the boys loved and I now have a trampoline in my garden at home.
Having been the the Isle of Wight a few times we always come back to a similar area. Roud is a small hamlet with a few houses and is set in a quiet country lane. Godshill is close by and is a must for a visit. I won't run through all the attractions but with small children Robinhill and Blackgang Chine with its life size moving dinosaurs were firm favourites. So much to do and see and the peace and tranquility of the island it wonderful.
At the end of the holiday none of us wanted to come home, such a lovely time. We will without a doubt be back. My son is still talking about Muffin the cat. Thanks again Pete and Anne.

5 of 5 stars Value 5 of 5 stars Rooms
5 of 5 stars Location 5 of 5 stars Cleanliness
Gwyn T
Solihull, United Kingdom
“A fantastic relaxing holiday !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 for a stay in June 2014

We had an amazing holiday at Rose Cottage . Peter and Ann were very friendly and always to hand if you needed any help or advice with anything , but allowed us privacy in the garden and facilities.
Our party consisted of 5 adults (2 fifty something's plus daughter , son and girlfriend). We all agreed it was a great place for us to stay as we had lots of fun together having barbecues , swimming in the pool, playing badminton and bowls .Peter very kindly marked out the badminton court for us too ! We also had enough space in the tranquil gardens to have our own quiet moment when we needed it ( mainly in the beautiful " Gingerbread House by the pond. The extensive grounds also allowed our daughter to keep up our training for a 10k charity run as soon as we got home !
The cottage was lovely with log burners which we didn't need to use as the weather was good (Peter still brought some logs / kindling wood round for us , just incase we were chilly in the evening )
Our son and his girlfriend are wildlife lovers and enjoyed seeing the ducks , moorhens , rabbits , swifts, and a slow worm , (not to mention Peter and Ann's very friendly cat and the horses in the field opposite .)
All in all we had a fantastic holiday and would certainly consider going to Rose Cottage again .
NB . We would also recommend The Taverners in Godshill , a very good foody pub .

Traveling group: Other
Dave C
Meopham, United Kingdom
“Lovely cottage with Fantastic gardens, a real home from home with extras!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Thanks for a great week in Rose Cottage! The cottage and its grounds were perfect, the kids loved the open space with the chickens and rabbits adding to the good feel of the countryside. The week we had wasn't the warmest but my son still managed a dip in the pool, if the sun had been shining we wouldn't have had to leave the garden all week. The log burners kept us cosy in the evening too.
The owners Ann and Peter were warm and welcoming and couldn't do enough to help.
We would definately love to return one day and would have no worries about recommending this property to our family and friends..a great week was had by all! Many thanks!

5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The gardens and the peaceful location
Traveling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
baerchen6...
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

My sister, niece and I stayed at the Rose Cottage in April 2014 for a week. The cottage is fabulous, quaint and beautiful. We felt like home.

The bedrooms were big and bright. The personal touch made the difference. Flowers on the tables, loads of books and games.

The kitchen is to die for. Huge and everything was there even a dishwasher and washing machine. We lit the log fires every night and we sat and played games.

This was one of the most wonderful places I have stayed in so far, so can only recommend a stay. We will definitely be back in the summer so we can use the outside swimming pool and huge garden. Thank you to Peter and Anne for this wonderful place.

4 of 5 stars How easy was key pickup/access to the property? 5 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Everything was perfect. No complaints.
Traveling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Management Response
May 2, 2014
Hello Lina.We have only today been able to see your wonderful review as it takes some time for a review to get posted. Ann and I are so grateful for your lovely words and description of the Cottage. Thank you so much, we look forward to you staying again one day. Very best wishes
Ann and Peter
wendy l
London, United Kingdom
“its a must !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 for a stay in August 2013
person found this review helpful

Rose cottage is a wonder place, It's quiet and relaxing,With beautiful walks around the grounds looking at the rabbits and chickens, stopping off for a glass or two by the lake house over looking the pond . We also took full advantage of the swimming pool after a day out , Peter and Ann are fantastic they where so welcoming ,We've been twice now and We cant wait to go back .The isle of wight is lovely, so many great places to visit and see x

3 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
4 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 5 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: the swimming pool and grounds
Liked least: going home
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Check in
Check out
Guests
from
$126
Night
Week
Make Inquiry
this property has payment protection
Owner
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 13 days ago
Peace of Mind Protection
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing