“Great Restaurant, Great Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Asian fusion
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great Restaurant, Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Not the first time i have been to this restaurant, but this time was the best food i have in the area of Folkestone. The food was plenty full, hot and looked good when it arrived and the price is also great.

If your looking for a great restaurant in Folkestone then this is a must try.

• Visited November 2013

London
“So glad this is not around the corner to where I live!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Because if it was we would be eating here every night! We arrived in Folkestone not sure of where we wanted to eat but so close the coast felt that maybe we should have fish - nothing appealed to us so we ended up here. It is what it says it is in that is a Cafe verging on a restaurant, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. As we were about to go on holiday, we looked at the menu and decided to have a range of starters and then a rice and two main courses. The starters were excellent and we wanted to have them all again until the main courses arrived - the Mandarin Beef was sublime and the only mistake we made was ordering the mixed shellfish with ginger and onion - our mistake as the beef was so highly flavoured that the shellfish became lost in flavour but we could not fault the freshness of the shellfish. At the end of the meal the waitress apologised for the size of the bill! but we said it was entirely our fault as we had enjoyed the starters so much that we had ordered more than we should. I cannot wait for our next trip to Folkestone so that we can visit again.

• Visited October 2013
Dover, United Kingdom
“Very impressed food was top draw”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

First ever visit to the Zen and very impressed. Really have no idea what the one bad review was about. I cannot speak more highly about the food. We had the amazing value lunch time special three choices for £6 excellent value. I had chicken and vegatables, spare ribs and egg fried rice. Wow all was so nice.
The outside of the restaurant really doesn't reflect the interior. I had been a bit out off by it in the past. Inside is clean and functional. Service was friendly, our meals were a bit slow coming but that because we ordered some dim sung. Man was the wait worth while. If you haven't been there go, it knocked the socks of Wagmama, and is a fab lunch venue.

Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great service and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I visit the Zen Cafe fairly regularly and alway find the service very friendly and quick. The food is always hot and fresh no matter how busy they are and very good value. The wasabi prawns are amazing. I would highly recommend a visit.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Authentic, quality, delicious food, with helpful friendly staff!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I visited Zen Kafe for the first time last night for my Best Friends Hen do.
I was impressed right from the start with the helpful and extremely friendly staff. The restaurant gives a good initial impression with good decor and furniture.

There were about 16 of us in total, the food was absolutely delicious, with lots of choice from the Asian cuisine I had the Duck spring rolls to start with then the Thai Chilli Ramen- having spent months travelling around Thailand I can say this is truely authentic, especially with the added chilli's in oil on the table!

Delivery time was excellent, considering this you could also tell it was freshly made.

The price was also extremely affordable considering the excellent quality of food and service.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to any one looking for a taste of Asia. Suitable for both groups, individuals and couples.

Thank-you Zen Kafe, for contributing positively to a great night with your quality food and friendliness.

I will defiantly be visiting again :)

• Visited August 2013