“Appalling” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Garden Lodge

Garden Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Folkestone
Garden Lodge
You added Garden Lodge to your Saves list
324 Canterbury Road | Densole, Folkestone CT18 7BB, England   |
Ranked #23 of 27 Folkestone B&B and Inns
Bexley, Kent, United Kingdom
“Appalling”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was honestly the worst place I have ever stayed in. Hosts were rude to the point of disgust and if there had nt been a rainstorm we would have immediately kept. The place was filthy, I caught a skin infection fom the pool, and rules and regulations were everywhere. No you can't se your own hair straighteners! Breakfast had be ordered ON ARRIVAL at 5pm and then we got scolded for ticking rather than circling the appropriate boxes. As a family on a budget I cried my heart out after going to bed. Totally ripped off and totally unpleasant. Anybody who wanted to go back must need thir head examined. Absolutely awful.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I just want to say that you have a disgusting attitude and a terrible customer service attitude.

The recent write-up's on Trip Advisor regarding your establishment (September & August 2012) initially put me off stopping in your B&B, but unable to secure a booking elsewhere I booked 2 nights stay.

When I arrived at approx 7pm, you abruptly greeted me saying 'Your late, what time do you call this', after explaining that there was traffic problems on the way down, you gave us our key and did not even show us to our room. On arrival at our room we entered in and a 'musty and stale' smell was overpowering.

BEDROOM - bedding felt damp, there was 'stains' on the sheet, dust on practically every surface, walls cluttered with horrible outdated pictures, wallpaper peeling, and light bulbs in the bedside lamps not working.

BATHROOM - toilet bowl had remains of previous occupant, grouting around bath and tiles was mouldy, no toilet paper, and generally a very dirty bathroom.

LOUNGE/BREAKFAST ROOM - cluttered, dusty, smelly and not a very appealing place to eat your breakfast.

The next morning we awoke at 7am and whilst I was in the shower, your husband banged on our door and asked us to keep the noise down as his wife wanted a 'lie-in' as she had a headache. We were not even making any noise.

We then went down to breakfast and when I asked if we could just have poached egg on wholemeal toast with a pot of coffee, you then abruptly said 'no, fried eggs and white toast or cereal, where do you think you are'

Your supposed to be offering a home from home type of service, but I wouldn't even put my worst enemy here.

Buck your ideas up.

• Stayed October 2012
Leicester
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Is this place for real in the 21st Century? It is run worse than the Bates Motel by a woman with worse customer care skills than Cruella DeVill.
It is dirty, dusty, tacky and full of terrible old tat absolutely everywhere - be warned if Cruella doesn't suffocate you with her attitude, then her crappy clutter certainly will!
Believe me when I say it is the worse place we've stayed in in 25yrs of travel. If it is getting late and you can't find anywhere else to stay, please, please do not even stay here as a last resort - your car will be a much better bet.
You have been warned - this place is no more than an expensive bad joke of a hovel!!

Room Tip: book somewhere else or stay overnight in your car!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I can honestly say that this is the place to stay, Decor everywhere and very expensive very pleasing to look around, I do not like places with bare walls and that unlived in feeling. The rooms are very comfortable well furnished with all the little bits you need for an overnight stay or a few days you only need a toothbrush. The pool is great all enclosed so you can swim on a rainy day, or go in the spa and they even have a sauna with a changing room and towels to use so no need to bring any.The breakfast is like a feast with lots of choice starting with cereal,fruit juice or yogurt, followed by a full cooked breakfast with 8 or 9 choices or you can have it all, also a veggie option.Your eggs are cooked 4 different ways your choice, and toast ,jam & marmalade and tea,coffee or hot chocolate.They are not doing evening meals at the moment but just up the road in both directions are eating places which are good prices.
So do not take any notice of negative reviews as they are nit picking and do not know quality when it stares them in the face.Hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did will be recommending to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Room 7 is best it has a small outside area which is a must if you are a smoker
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I booked this b&b as a stopover to France, after reading the reviews I was nervous as to what I would get when we arrived, the lady who owned the place was very rude we asked where we could get something to eat and were told that we could'nt bring anything back because it would stink th place out! we found a lovely little pub down the road and had a lovely dinner. the b&b itself was quite cluttered, but I was pleasantly surprised by the room, it was clean, with plenty of room, and we all slept very good. the breakfast left a lot to be dis sired,we had stated that we wanted the breakfast at the earliest time they had,as we had to catch the ferry, but instead we were left sitting there for 20min with nothing, when it did arrive, it wasn't the food that we had asked for, the kids cereal was stale, and the tea was cold, plus we didn't have any time to eat anything as we he to leave to catch the ferry.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

We were welcomed by the lady of the house who was very polite & efficient. Our room was beautiful & had plenty of neccesitys & room, lovely extra in that we could go in the pool & hot tub. Didn't stay for breakfast as we had to leave much earlier than the arranged time. Would recommend, & perfect for families :-) thankyou

• Stayed August 2012
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My husband I stayed at Garden Lodge,we arrived as strangers looking for a place to stay for the night we were surprised to see such a nice clean and nicely decorated B @B, it was turned on for us,home cooked meals laid on even second helpings,nice comfortable bed in a beautiful room,we left as friends.
I have never read such rude reviews by such ungreatful people.
We did not use the swimming pool or fitness centre.
Betty .R

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Garden Lodge? Share your experiences!