I stayed at this hotel for one night on the way to the ferry, with my husband and two kids. Check in wasn't the quickest, even though there was only one person in the queue in front, but the staff were helpful enough. The staff on the Tuesday morning were very friendly.
ROOM - The room was very modern and looked very new and clean. It was fairly small conmpared to most hotel rooms i have stayed in, but had most things that i needed. It had a kettle and tea/coffee, a hairdryer and a flat screen tv. The tv had the normal 5 channels plus some other freeview channels, such as news channels and bbc3 etc. There was no wardrobe as such, but there was a rail with hangers in it. The room had good lighting, ceiling light and bedside lights. In our room we had a double bed and also a double sofa bed, the sofa bed wasn't too comfortable though.
BATHROOM - The bathroom was very modern and had a walk in shower with shower curtain. The shower was hot, but wasn't as powerful as it could have been. The bathroom was clean and had good new towels and complementary soap and shampoo.
FOOD - We only ate breakfast here, so can't comment on any of the other meals. Breakfast is free and is described as continental. There were no hot items, such as sausgaes, eggs etc, but the food that was available was great. There was toast, different types of bread, croissants, cereals, fruit, cheese, ham and yogurts. There was also tea, coffee, hot chocolate, juice and milk to drink.
LOCATION - this hotel is very easy to find, just off the motorway and turn right at Tescos, the hotel is at the end of the road. It's in a quiet area and Tescos is just 5 minutes walk away. There is also a fish & chip shop 10 minutes walk away and the main town centre is just 5 minutes drive. There are plenty of pizza shops, indian and chinese take aways etc, if you fancy eating out.
All in all this is a great hotel and i would definately recommend it and stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel is situated in a prominent position alongside the M20 motorway and the hotel has ease of access to all main national and international transport links. The hotel is adjacent to the Eurotunnel Channel Tunnel terminal which provides regular services to continental Europe. Junction 12 is within a few minutes drive facilitating connection to the national motorway network, the major airports and greater London. Paris and Brussels only 35 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel Hotel Folkestone
- Folkestone Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel Kent, UK