“very helpful staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel

You added Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cheriton High Street, Cheriton Parc, Folkestone CT18 8AN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Folkestone
Oxford, United Kingdom
“very helpful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

I had a 2 night business stay here. The staff were all warm and friendly and the room comfortable. I'd love to see a few more veggie options on the menu but what I did eat was well cooked. Breakfast was good, the area it's served in is a little cramped and I was unfortunate enough to be following behind a couple who seemed to want to make a drama out of the small space, moving around and crashing into me and anything else they could find. Good variety of food. Better stay than some of the 4* places I've been in. Ate my cereal with a soup spoon.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GMHIEXFOLKESTONE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Harveynoburn

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express Folkestone.

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and the team were helpful.

Thank you for your feedback regarding the dinner menu, we are changing our menu in May and hopefully on your return there will be more options to choose from, I will be reviewing the Breakfast Buffet layout going forward.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Martin Howard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Pembrokeshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Booked this hotel as it's right next to the Tunnel and offered a very good advance booking rate. Was the very pleasantly surprised to find a smart, well-maintained building with professional friendly staff. Very comfortable room, remarkable for the price.

As we left before six a.m. when breakfast service begins we were given breakfast-in-a-bag and take-out coffee and tea was available.

Perfect for a pleasant pitstop before an early crossing.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GMHIEXFOLKESTONE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Westalian_9

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the hotel was of a suitable location for the Channel Tunnel, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the area.

Rainham Kent
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

I booked this for me and the wife to have a 1 night break. Looking forward to the rest we were kindly welcomed to the hotel by the very friendly staff.
We went to the room and we liked the lay out together with it being clean.
Evening arrived and the extractor fan in the bathroom would not turn off.
I of course went and asked about it but was told it was on constantly.
Some people could tolerate it but I am a light sleeper so the staff kindly offered another room which I accepted. It wasn't until the staff had left us in the other room when my wife mentioned it stinks of smoke and I noticed 3 unsightly stains on the carpet but by then I could not be bothered to go and mention it as I am not one to normally complain. It was obvious that people previously had been smoking when it clearly states No Smoking.........must have previously had a couple staying from the Jeremy Kyle Show! I just cannot stand scum bags staying in clean places and treating it like their home.... ( a s##t hole)
To top things off there are 6 rooms allocated for dogs to stay.... I could not believe this until I saw 2 dogs coming out of the lift............ Wish I had cancelled and just gone home because the breakfast was nothing like the buffet I am familiar with but would appeal to lots of families from a third world country.
As the saying goes 'you get what you pay for' and on this occasion we most certainly did..... Will not return.

Stayed March 2014
Dear Steve61975,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Folkestone, Please accept my sincere apologies that we did not live up to your expectations on this occasion.

Your feedback is very important to us to help us establish what is important to our guests and helps us improve our service. I am unable to locate your reservation from your trip advisor name, therefore could you contact me on gm@hiexfolkestone.com with your reservation details; I will then be able to investigate your experience in full.

Jerez De La Frontera, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here after a very long journey and it was exactly what we needed. Showers were hot, rooms were warm and we were even provided with a list of takeaways and restaurants with the distance to each one and suitability. Lost my toothpaste, not a problem, supplied travel size free of charge. Thank you Holiday Inn Folkestone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Kay W

I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel after your long journey and the room was clean and comfortable for your short stay with us.

Henley-on-Thames, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Situated in the village of Cheriton. The hotel is about a five minute drive away from Channel Tunnel check in. A marvellous location iif you want to get an early start and across the channel. It is also often considerably cheaper than similar hotels in the Calais area! The hotel rooms themselves are fairly basic but clean and functional and perfect for a one night stopover. Holiday Inn Expresses are essentially budget hotels and rooms only have showers generally but otherwise again the bathrooms are fine for short stays. Our room also had a desk area with fast free wifi and plenty of plugs etc. Plenty of space for luggage and adequate hanging space for a short stay. The double beds are just that - doubles and not king sized in anyway but again adequate. There is a bar and grill type dinner operation and breakfast is also served in this area and fine with a limited but hot scrambled egg , sausage and baked beans cooked offer with usual cereals, breads tea coffee juices etc. Welcoming reception staff made the stay even more enjoyable. For good measure there is a 24 hour Tesco superstore with petrol station virtually next door for last minute shopping and filling the car.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This place is worth staying in only if you have an early morning channel tunnel crossing to catch. It's about as basic as it comes. The bed is a 'cheap as chips' sprung mattress - not very comfortable - but is ok for a short night's sleep. You can hear other guests in the corridors.
The breakfast is best avoided!
Nothing at all to write home about - good location for the tunnel and suitably clean. Nothing more!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
GMHIEXFOLKESTONE, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Noughtsandcrosses,

I’m so pleased to hear that the hotel was of a suitable location for the Channel Tunnel. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our free breakfast offering and you had an uncomfortable bed in room

I am unable to locate your reservation from your trip advisor name, therefore could you contact me on gm@hiexfolkestone.com with your reservation details; I will then be able to investigate your experience in full..

Slough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

If planning an early crossing to France (tunnel or ferry), this is the perfect place to stay the night before, to avoid the anxiety of chancing M25 delays on the morning of travel.

Welcoming reception staff, clean room with good shower and cooked breakfast included for a reasonable price.

Also a 24 hour supermarket just down the road for anything you've forgotten or to fill up with fuel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Michael K,

Martin Howard

Been to Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel? Share your experiences!