“Utilitarian” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel

You added Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Cheriton High Street, Cheriton Parc, Folkestone CT18 8AN, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Folkestone
surrey
“Utilitarian”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights, and whilst the accommodation was exactly as described the beds and pillows were far from comfortable and the duvet had been crammed into a cover which meant the duvet didn't cover the bed properly. Otherwise the staff were helpful and the inclusive breakfast was a welcome bonus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear jgsurrey,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that you liked our breakfast service and our staff were helpful during your stay. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. It is our regret that the beds and pillows were not very comfortable. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Swanage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

The proximity to the tunnel is amazing. You drive along the back roads, down a slip road and into the check out lanes within 5 minutes of leaving the hotel. The Hotel is up to the normal Express standard in its decor and setting but what is extraordinary is that it has no European influence anywhere, amazing when its only 40 minutes away from France. The breakfast can be taken from 6.00 am without any extra charge perfect for early getaways. However stay away from the Great-fruit which strips any sensitivity protection away from the teeth. It is also worth checking booking direct with the Hotel rather than HIE central bookings as they often have special deals like a free bottle of wine when eating in the restaurant.

Room Tip: 3rd floor quite away from the lift.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sennelager, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

we stayed here for a short stay in folkestone. The room was spacious even though my son had the pull out sofa bed.The staff were extremely helpful with all our queries and problems. The location is excellent for access to the tunnel and is also not too far away from the ferry port. Shops just a round the corner and a superb gastropub a stones throw away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Staff friends in the bar area getting obnoxiously drunk.language awful form rowdy friends and staff, staff outside smoking every 5 minutes,

Night porter was excellent and the only credit to this hotel.STAY THER AGAIN NO THANKS

Room Tip: make sure your heating works
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear cliveellis,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to write feedback of our hotel. I am happy to know that you found our location to be suitable for your needs and you found our rooms to be sufficient for your stay. I would like to apologize if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service received from our staff. Your comments will be relayed to our staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Pam G.
Cambs
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed on business, booked a room with Internet access.
On arrival I found the room very cold and it took a few hours before it warmed up.
The quilt too small for bed and very thin.
On trying to connect to the WIFI I found no networks. I reported to reception and was advised I need to connect using a cable. I informed the receptionist that I did not have one with me, to which I was informed that I would have to get a refund when I booked out.
On booking out a different receptionist advised that the hotel had cables for use. I advised that I had not been given this information. Now all this was fine until I noticed another receptionist pulling her face and rolling her eyes at me. I was extremely annoyed as I left the hotel. On reflection I should of requested to speak to the Hotel Manager about the un-professional receptionist, but I was short on time.

Dear ratgirl25,

Thank you for choosing us and taking the time to give feedback. I am happy to know that you found our location to be recommendable. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the service received from our reception. I will relay your comments to the staff to ensure they can improve their efforts.

Pam G.
Bristol, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

stayed one night before going to france via channel tunnel.
the bed and bedding was terrible. the bedding was far too small. The shower was awlful too it would'nt stay up high and it was cold. stayed there many times before but this time we were disappointed.at check- in given an envelope and given clip board to fill in car registration but no eye contact and speech. i guess the lad had a bad day

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have stayed here on a regular basis due to the proximity to the channel tunnel. The receptionist used to be great, but there has been a change of staff.
The last couple of times I've visited the reception / bar staff have had a crowd of friends in the bar area getting obnoxiously drunk.
The one relief is when you realise that they aren't hotel guests and the noise and abusive language is only going to continue until their friends shift finishes.

Room Tip: Eat out, and avoid the bar.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Folkestone Channel Tunnel? Share your experiences!