“1st visit .... Won't be the last” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Three Acres Inn and Restaurant

The Three Acres Inn and Restaurant
37-41 Roydhouse, Shelley | Three Acres Hotel & Restaurant, Huddersfield HD8 8LR, England
+44 1484 602606
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 411 Restaurants in Huddersfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Widnes, United Kingdom
“1st visit .... Won't be the last”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

The menu is excellent.....i was spoilt for choice. The place is quirky but interesting. ITS THE ONLY PUB IVE BEEN IN IN YORKSHIRE WITH A HUMIDOR...HOW POSH IS THAT ;-)
The staff were attentive without being annoyingly so.
The food was delicious.
They have got just about everything right....teensy weensy gripe .... Queuing to pay. Why no card machine brought to table and no facility to leave tip when paying by card...your staff are missing out.

“let down again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

let down again, my wife and i went to the three acres last saturday and were let down by dirty linen raw food and very slow service, but we put it down to a very busy restaurant , so we went with family and friends this saturday and it had got worse the table was in the window and a freezing cold draught coming through the windows so the lady's got cold at the table so we moved our self after the table away from the window had left, we waited over 70mins between our starter and main course the service was so slow we sat down at 7.30 and left the table at 11.30 the worst thing was my wife asked the waiter to make sure there was no chill in her food as she is very sick if she eats any, and guess what the onion rings were made with chill batter. my wife and i have been using the three acres for more then 20 years and i am sorry to say they are under staffed with poorly trained staff and living off a good name.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Loule, Portugal
“"Going down hill"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This was the best by a long way years ago,two visits in the last month both very disapointing. The restaurant is busy and they just can't cope,1.5 hours bewteen the starter and the main,20 mins to get a coffee,so slow! the food is good but the staff just don't listen,I asked for onion rings as a side order,then told the staff please no chilli in anything as I am alergic to it,the onion rings had chilli in the batter,not expecting this I took a bite and the rest of my dinner was spoilt ! its done so well and its full now, but its service has deminished beyond a joke and its riding on its previous reputation,not just a bad day the previous visit I sent back my chilli infused food and its replacement wasnt cooked through,so I left it,no one asked why. Iwas fed up so left,Its such a shame when this happens covers more important than quality,the ladies wash room was full of uncomplimentary diners!! so it wasnt just us!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“My Husbands 50th birthday celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Having visited the Acres on many occasions & really enjoyed the experience.
We decided to celebrate my Husbands 50th Birthday(of which he wasn't looking forward to).
We hired the Tasting room for a private party of 20 people.
On arrival staff were very attentive & throughout the evening.
The food was excellent as usual, staff couldn't do enough for us.
We had a thoroughly wonderful evening the ambiance of the room was second to none,staff were fantastic & as I've said the food and wine as always was superb.
I would Iike to say a very big thank to all staff for making his day a memorable one.
Can't wait for the next celebration.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Over priced and over rated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Over priced and over rated. I'm sure people just enjoy looking at the photos of the visits by celebs, must be old photos!

• Visited December 2012