“Premier Inn hudds west” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Huddersfield
Lincoln, England, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn hudds west”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

1 night stay , bit of a pain to find but that was all fogotten when we checked in , very friendly girl on desk , we were concerned about having a room on the motorway side she told us if we were unhappy she would gladly move us , went to room ,triple glazing kept 98% of the noise out what a relief. Attached pub served really good meals and beer , the beds in this premier inn are really comfortable (2 x3ft singles pushed together ).a good nights sleep was had . breakfast was in the pub ,also very good and quick to be served . All in all a place i will be revisiting and recommending .

Room Tip: road noise should not be a problem due to triple glazing .
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Andrea H, Manager at Huddersfield West Premier Inn, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Shropshire UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed overnight.Highly convenient for motor way access.Comfortable and recommended.
A trifle pricey but clean with a pleasant adjoining bar and restaurant.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for your review. I’m glad you had a good stay with us at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and I hope to see you on your next trip. Kind regards, Andrea Heron
manchester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

can't complain - usual quality, simple clean, and good value......

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Andrea H, Manager at Huddersfield West Premier Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2012
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn. I hope that you will visit us again soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron
Manchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

Stayed here twice and although the hotel is a little basic, its very adequate and supported by friendly staff. What makes it special though is the adjoining restaurant. Great food and great staff.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Andrea H, Manager at Huddersfield West Premier Inn, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron
Kendal, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

I took my children and my partner to see family and have a break over the last 4days. our stay was really good, pantomime, visiting family and great walks.
After reading some reviews on the site about brakfast and staff at the restaurant across from the Premier Inn it was with trepidation that we booked our breakfasts for each day. The first day, which was Thursday, we arrived for breakfast just as they had closed. I was really disappointed but due to an older lady who works there I soon changed my mind. Nothing was too much trouble or her, she went to have a word with the chef and appeared 5 mins later with 3 breakfasts. There was plenty on the plates, and even went back to get veggie sausages.for my youngest daughter.
Perhaps we were lucky but from then on we went a little earlier and they greeted us with smiles every time.
Perhaps you have to understand I believe they are 2 different businesses cooperating with each other. I didnt find out your name but you could serve us breakfast anytime.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Andrea H, Manager at Huddersfield West Premier Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. I will also ensure that your comments regarding the breakfast team are passed on, especially to Corin (the lady mentioned). Kind regards, Andrea Heron
York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2011

I booked a room at this hotel for Boxing Day as I was visiing my parents, a twin room for 2. Upon arrival the receptionist could not have been friendlier, a lovely bubbly lady who upgraded my room without my asking when I told her i was now travelling alone. The room was great and i was looking forward to sleeping there but due to a late night and no taxis from where i was partying until 2 pm ! I slept at my parents house so never got to use the room.

The next day I received a call from the hotel as i still had the room key. I explained my situation and was assured it would be ok to drop the key off on my way home.

All in all I can state that the room was really nice and the staff even better. Well done. Although I did not get to sleep there, having seen it i would not hesitate in the future should the need arise. Well worth a visit, handy for motorway / halifax / huddersfield etc and a good pub next door (Nags Head) and a Toby Carvery nearby.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit to Huddersfield although you were unable to experience your stay in the hotel. Our team look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Andrea Heron
soldeu
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

This Premier inn is much the same as others we have stayed in across the UK with one exception - Breakfast - rude, unfriendly surley waitress.

We arrived at 9.55 am having been told breakfast was served until 10.00am. In other Premier Inns (eg Halifax) this has never been a problem. We were greeted with irritation, "you'll have to order immediately, the chefs going", and generally made to feel rushed, unwelcome and a nuicance. The breakfast room was cleared noisily (movement of heavy tables on tiled floors) while we (and 3 other tables) were still eating and everything except the coffee removed very quickly. The food at breakfast itself was OK but not as good in term of choice as we have had at other Premier Inns

We will not return if we can avoid it.

Room Tip: ask for the side not overlooking the motorway
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Andrea H, Manager at Huddersfield West Premier Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn. I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter with Pub manager at the Nags Head. Please contact me on 01422 324330 if you would like to discuss the matter in person.
Again we appreciate your comments, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience

Kind Regards

Andrea Heron
Operations Manager

Been to Huddersfield West Premier Inn? Share your experiences!