“Premier Inn, Huddersfield West” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Huddersfield West Premier Inn

and 1 more site!
You added Huddersfield West Premier Inn to your Saves list
Huddersfield West Premier Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   New Hey Road, Ainley Top, Huddersfield HD2 2EA, England   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Singapore
“Premier Inn, Huddersfield West”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

Usual Premier/Travel Inn standard. Quite good value for money.
Attached to the Nags Head restaurant and pub. Food is good and beer is excellent.
The bar closes at 110m or 10.30 on Sunday - but that's not too much of a problem as you can take drinks to your room. Very useful - although all the doors can be a bit awkward!
Staff are all very helpful.
I have no idea why Becky1234 says the place was grotty. I have stayed here many times and the place is good. And a lot cheaper than London. To say you had to leave the wedding early and dash back to London, is extreme in the least and says more about Becky's personality than the quality of the room.

Room Tip: They are all the same. Even on the motorway side there is little noise.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Andrea H, Manager at Huddersfield West Premier Inn, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves in Huddersfield. I look forward to welcoming you back at Huddersfield West Premier Inn again soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Blackpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

I stayed at this Premier Inn for the second time with my daughter and grandchildren. We had a big comfy room (huge bed) and the staff were excellent in the hotel and pub. The night receptionist was very helpful. The staff in the pub were very welcoming and knowledgeable about their products. One of the barmaids was working until 11.15pm and was back on duty for breakfast but she was still smiling and friendly and took time to talk to the children. Hotel right next to the motorway but not noisy and great location for travelling plus lovely pub next door. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Huddersfield West Premier Inn and look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Andrea Heron
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were booked in to stay here for one night for a wedding nearby. I know it's a Premier Inn and at that price I shouldn't expect miracles, but the place was so depressing and grotty. We ended up leaving the wedding early, grabbing our stuff and heading back to London so we didn't have to stay overnight in the Bates Motel next door to the motorway. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Again we appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and provide you with a genuine hassle-free experience

Kind Regards

Andrea Heron
Operations Manager
Freshwater, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

we were 2 ladies travelling alone, and we found the help and safty at the Hotel very good, we left the keys in the door and they were removed by the staff and taken to the reception and a note left under our door, this made us feel they staff had our safety as a priority. there was not the expected noise from the motor way which was very close, and we found the rooms very clean and the staff very helpful, I can recomend this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for an even room as they are away from the motorway
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Andrea H, Manager at Huddersfield West Premier Inn, responded to this review, October 20, 2011
Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Huddersfield West Premier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon, Andrea Heron
OFFALY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

My wife, son, & I stayed in this hotel for 8 nights recently and It was a very enjoyable experience. We found the staff to be very friendly, efficent, and helpful, and are an asset to the establishment.

The room we stayed in was large, and had a superking size bed. It was cleaned every day and we were provided with plenty of towels etc. The room we stayed in was facing the motorway but the noise was negated by the double glazed windows.

The hotel had plenty of parking, which is free

We did not have breakfast in the hotel, however we did go into the nags head inn for dinner one evening, and we left after we met one of the rudest staff members that I have ever encountered in any business. Maybe he was having a bad day but it is not really an excuse.

Overall, I found this hotel to be very good value and I would stay there again if the need arose.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Perth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011

First time ever stayed in Premier Inn and would certinaly stay again and reccommend to others.
It was frielndy, clean, comfortable, easily accessable and value for money. Huge comfortable bed, we booked a family room and the childs bed was all made for you, unlike Travelodge! Spare pillows was also a bonus, it was just great.
Staff very helpful and accommodating.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tyneside, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

We also stayed at this hotel the night the hot water went off!! We were also unfortunate enough to stay in a room facing the Motorway and although when the windows were closed this did stop a lot of the noise, unfortunately, there was some kind of vent in the room and all the noise flooded through this and kept us awake all night (I think it was room number 41 - it was the last room along the corridor, upstairs, facing the Motorway). Then when we eventually gave up trying to sleep we found a note under the door advising there was no hot water - not what we needed when we were catching a flight abroad at lunchtime. However, this said the staff were lovely and apologised and we were even given a full refund for our stay - which apparently Premier Inn do if you dont have a good night sleep - and the room was clean and the bed lovely and big and comfy.

The Nags Head: We had an evening meal in here and my Lasagna was a disgrace, it looked like it had been kept warm all day (it was approx 9.30pm), it was dried up, brown and just awful. The waitress was lovely and apologised profusly and appeared embarrased that it was served but unfortunately that was the last one. I ordered an alternative, but that wasnt available and my third choice was really nice and red hot, just a shame I had to eat on my own as my husband was long finished his meal. The staff again apologised and couldnt have been nicer and also deducted something off our bill. I would definately eat here again and give them a second try, the pub itself is really unusual and had a nice atmosphere.

Breakfast: This was an absolute disgrace. We were led to believe it was a help yourself cooked breakfast, not only was it not, but is bore no resemblance to the photos on the menu in our room. The portion size has got to be one of the meanest I have ever seen and for the price a disgrace. Infact I though my husbands breakfast was bad until I seen the couple next to us get a vegetarian cooked breakfast, well, I have never seen such a small shrivelled sausage in my life.

All in all the hotel is nice and clean, nice room, lovely big soft bed and the staff really nice, just make sure you get a room on the opposite side to the motorway. Dont book a breakfast, but, definately try the Nags Head for a good pub meal.

Room Tip: Get a room on the side where you can see the Nags Head
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Huddersfield West Premier Inn? Share your experiences!