“Nice decor, my meal last time was better” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Nice decor, my meal last time was better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

Last time I would have given 5/5 for everything, I had the veggie burger and it was honestly amazing.
This time I had mushrooms on toast but the crusts were so hard I couldn't actually get the knife through them! The mushrooms and sauce were really gorgeous, as were the skin on chips. I'll be back but probably won't order the toast again unless I'm at the dentist that week!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

huddersfield
“Lunch time break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I've been here a good number of times and each time the service and quality has been great.
My daughters and I like to come here for a sneaky treat at lunch times. Running a coffee shop myself it is lovely to find somewhere where I can relax and unwind with a lovely pot if earl grey.
A firm favourite place of mine now!

“Beautiful Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We ate here for lunch last Saturday after seeing the reviews, the food was awesome, I had the ploughmans and absolutely loved it.. plus they serve my favourite drink (passion fruit redkordling). The service was also very good, will deffinately be back!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Quick Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We had lunch here today with friends and children in tow. The service was efficient, friendly and accommodating, the food honest, good value and tasty. I had the sausage and mash which was unfussy, excellent quality, beautifully presented in a iron dish on a wooden platter. The children had cheese on toast, which was excellent value at £1.50 per portion! The chips were pure perfection, skins on, skinnies served in wooden bowls. My friend ordered mushrooms on toast which were define, and my other friend really enjoyed a home-made burger. This is an excellent, unassuming, traditional Yorkshire establishment serving great, simple quality produce, from a inspiring and original menu. A real gem in Huddersfield town centre.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great place with the best garlic bread iv ever had. Good service and nice atmosphere. Look forward to going here when I'm in yorkshire