“Lovely food, and excellent service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, and excellent service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Ate here for the first time with friends. We were greeted very warmly on arrival and service was extremely friendly and efficient throughout the evening. The atmosphere inside was nice, but it was lacking a little bit in buzz. I would probably agree with some other reviewers that its maybe the decor is slightly too minimilst and clincial. I think thats just personal choice as i love colour and pictures etc! Our food was nicely presented and good quality, but I did think the prices were a little on the high side for a bistro type restaurant. I had rib eye steak for mains, which was fairly tender, but a little overdone for medium request. The others in our party really enjoyed their food, and there were no complaints about taste or quality. We did really enjoy our evening, and never felt rushed. I would return, but it probably wouldn't be my first choice of restaurant. However, I do wish the owners every success as its clear they are working very hard to establish a new business.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

yorkshire girl
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

had lunch with three friends and we were all very happy with the experience. At last Adrian and Nicola are back at their best and complimented by daughter Lauren. We have missed being able to eat somewhere where we know will be excellent and consistently good. I had the famous cheese souffle and it was divine, followed by fresh Whitby crab salad. We shared a very good bottle of Prosecco and were offered a jug of iced water. My friends are all from Halifax and I am sure they will be back and tell their friends too. Well done and thank you.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
York, United Kingdom
“Rude staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Would nt recommend this restaurant on the basis of poor customer service and damn right rude staff. Running this restaurant the same way as their previous one where customers are not valued,

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Wakefield, United Kingdom
“A touch of France in Kirkburton”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is by far the best Bistro/ Cafe in West Yorkshire,myself and my wife tend to visit quite a few in this part of the country and the Dyeworks is always up there with our favourite places for lunch or evening meals, yes it may lack a little colour on the walls but believe me there is no lack of colour texture or taste with this food, it is superb. The wine list is not too extensive but very well priced.
My only criticism on our last visit was there was only a couple of vegitarian dishes available for the lunchtime menu but I'm sure if I had mentioned it to the stunning waitress she would have had a word with the chef, the Dyworks are trying hard to please I guess you can tell we love this place...

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Huddersfield
“Poor experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very plain and stark place, no warm welcome from the staff and owners made this even worse.
The wine was resonably priced £20 - GAVI, however, it was put in a plastic bag type of wine chiller which was filled with ice, no cloth supplied, so the ice melted all over the table when being poured, to make it worse , not once did a waiter come over to our table to refill our wine glasses - very poor indeed! We were informed when we rang to book a table, (of 8 people) that they had two sittings - 6:15 and 8:45, so we opted reluctantly for the earlier option. However, a party of 4 arrived at 8pm and were seated and served no problem at all?
The food was good, but personally I wouldn't recommend due to the front of house staff/owner making no attempt at all to make our party feel welcome on our special occassion.

• Visited April 2013