“Lovely meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Three Acres Inn & Restaurant

You added Three Acres Inn & Restaurant to your Saves list
Three Acres Inn & Restaurant
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Roydhouse, Shelley | nr. Huddersfield, Huddersfield HD8 8LR, England   |
Ranked #11 of 20 Huddersfield B&B and Inns
UK
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Me and my wife decided to have a nice romantic meal out, as this place was recommended.
We ordered starters and a meal, and food was served within 15 mins, nice and hot.
Main meal was also good, but the only negative I could say was we got the same vegetables, even though we ordered different foods, only because we noticed other people had a variety of different veg. Other wise food and service was really good.

• Stayed June 2014
Mike G, Manager at Three Acres Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Stuart we are so please you and your wife enjoyed your romantic meal with us and the food and service played a part in your enjoyment.
However we will look into your comments regarding vegetables.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
west yorkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed between Christmas and new year, present from our daughter. We love to eat at the three acres, and never been disappointed. So we were delighted with the opportunity to stay over as well as enjoy the dining experience. We were given room No.1. Which was spacious however the quality of the fixtures and fixings was poor, dated "golden pine furntiure"which I thought was long past it's sell by date. The bed was comfortable,towels nice. Breakfast was great, and service was faultless. It's a pity a relatively small investment in good quality furniture hasn't been considered by the owners

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Mike G, Manager at Three Acres Inn & Restaurant, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us during the Christmas period and enjoying our food and the service you received.
We do welcome your observations regarding the room you were allocated and note your comments with interest thank you.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Visited the resturant with a group of friends. Was informed there was a limited menus, as the had run out of some items, this was at lunch time so god help those going out for dinner. The meals came out at different times and forgot one meal altogether. Not the best meal for the cost, not sure if we will return.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
tonyfall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Viewing a property in the area and the estate agent suggested 3 acres for lunch. I have to say we were not dissappointed if a little too expensive for lunch £18.50 for roast beef platter £18 for fish and chips but good. One big complaint the wi fi is disastrous,not acceptable at the prices they charge. The excuse interference from emley moor mast. Not true just need a decent router with more access points

• Stayed May 2014
Orange County, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have stayed here a number of times, mostly due to the restaurant and proximity to one of my customers. The restaurant is truly lovely, with a nice atmosphere and excellent food. However, the rooms are a mixed bag. The rooms above the restaurant/bar are generally very small. The room (#2) that I was in during this visit has no desk and no place to lay out/store your suitcase. My room was also lacking a TV remote control and hair dryer. There is no lift, and access to the upstairs rooms is via a narrow stairway that is accessed by passing through the dining room. The staff was quite friendly. There is an annex with several rooms about 30 yards from the main hotel. They have a couple of suites and downstairs rooms, and it is also quieter in the annex. WiFi is free.

Room Tip: Select the Annex rooms for a quieter stay; it is only about a 30 yard walk from the back of the main...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Huddersfield, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

I have been here a few times but this is the first time I have brought my children along, and NEVER again will I eat in an establishment that is so obnoxious and blatently rude to people with children. I find this utterly disgraceful, when on the webaite it states that they cater to children, to then be told my the owners daughter, no less, that "an establishment such as this does not require to children " I have never in my life recieved such terrible hospitality I have been to far worse and far better were I have recieved the service you would except in such environments!

• Stayed April 2014
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Myself and my husband visited this pub for a late lunch as a bit of a treat. The food was lovely, fish and chips and the roast beef dinner. Best of all you can pick your portion sizes ie small/ large. The pub itself was very very busy so I was thinking it was going to take a whole for us to be served or to get our food ... But it was quite the opposite our food came quickly and the service was very good. It's just such a shame that its a misty day as we were unable to see the views however I know we will definitely return and fingers crossed it will be a clear day.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Three Acres Inn & Restaurant? Share your experiences!