“So so.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 12 hotels in Huddersfield
Widnes, United Kingdom
“So so.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Tired place and shabby room. Was clean though but the location is noisy as its on a busy junction next to a busy petrol station. Lorries and sirens all night!

Dont think i'd go back there. Not much more to say really, just so so.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
TravelodgeUK, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Huddersfield Mirfield, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Dear Tinglepeg,

Thank you for your post. I am sorry to learn you were disappointed with your stay on this occasion.

We do hope that all of our customers get a good night's sleep when staying with us. Due to the central location, some noise might be heard, however we will try to tell our customers by putting details on our website. We also try to reduce the noise from outside the hotel by having double glazing and insulated walls.

Once again, I apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your feedback.

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Cheshunt
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Awful hotel. I regularly stay in travelodges across the country and this is by far the worst.

The little chef is boarded up and closed down. The hotel backs onto a petrol station forecourt and is a shell of a hotel.

No bar, no restaurant. 1 miserable unhelpful staff member in the entire place who refused to give us an extra pillow

Hairs in bed so obviously had not been cleaned properly.

An absolute hole of a travelodge and not cheap at £48!!! Go to the premier inn nearby for an extra tenner!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Bolton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We've stayed at this Travelodge 2 years running the last weekend in December before Xmas, its clean, adequate for our needs, Little Chef on site, bus stop outside where you can get a bus to Huddersfield one way and Leeds the other, so no need to worry about car parking. There's a pub turn left and up the hill towards Leeds, 10 min walk, very good value food & drink for money, plus a pub opposite serving slightly more expensive and possibly better food, but dearer drinks. Easy to find and Mirfield village is not far away with shops and eating places.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Stayed for 1 night and although only paid £19, it was still poor. Holes in the sideboard near to where the kettle was. Holes in the bed linen and pillows that can hardly be called pillows. Went to ask for more pillows but got told the hotel was full and therefore there were none available. Stayed in many travelodges and this was the worst - seems like it is pot luck with regards to travelodge!

Room Tip: Don't have room 14!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend because we were going to see Sheffield Wednesday v Huddersfield down the road, it's ok for a night, was cheap but we have been in better, wouldn't recommend for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Have stayed at other travelodges before and know what to expect with it being basic. This was terrible though. We arrived late so went straight to bed and on waking up found that somebody previously had been sick down the side of the bed and onto the floor. An attempt had been made to clean it up but it was still clearly visible. Looking at the photos, it looks remarkably like the picture taken in September, which would mean it has been like it for two months!!!

The bathroom was grubby with mould all around the bath. The room had water marks down the wall and across the ceiling, obviously from a previous leak. The sideboard looked like it had been chewed and needs replacing.

The problem is that Travelodge run on reduced staff and obviously need more to get things up to scratch.

Very disgusting and won't be stopping at Travelodge again.

Room Tip: Don't use room 213 or 215 (unsure which one we stayed in)
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cotswolds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Mmm, I want to be as constructive in my feedback as I can, I arrived late in the evening around 9pm and was met my the hotel manager who was very pleasant. I could immediately see that this particular lodge was probably not one on its owners 'renovation list' This was the only time I saw or heard anyone from the staff.

I was allocated my room and duly went to unpack as I was having to go out again.

The room was very basic and the decor was in some need of rejuvenation, but oh dear, the bathroom...I needed to clean it before I could use it !!!! There was mildew around the bath and the back of the sink. I went down stairs to have a word but to no avail and in the end gave up as I needed to go out.

On my return some hours later still no staff and I let myself in with my key. The bed was so uncomfortable I had difficulty getting any sleep, which usually on my travels I have no problem

In the morning on checkout I thought a word is needed for some constructive feedback, alas those ever missing staff were again missing!! so it was keys in the box and away.

I have stayed in Travelodge many times I think they have forgotten they still have this one!

Room Tip: At the back away from passing traffic
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Travelodge Huddersfield Mirfield? Share your experiences!