“Not good enough” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms

The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Huddersfield
The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms
You added The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms to your Saves list
88 Knowl Road | Golcar, Huddersfield HD7 4AN, England   |
Ranked #13 of 20 Huddersfield B&B and Inns
Huddersfield
“Not good enough”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

Four of us were looking forward to trying the new 'Weavers'. The new owners have spent a lot of money on this project. It is now a larger more modern enviroment. Less intimate than the old 'Weavers Shed'.
The menu was varied and interesting with a price tag that suggested good creative food and professional service.
Not what we got. Particularly with a restaurant that was less than a third full!!
Firstly after ordering our food we were brought some interesting looking bread on a wooden board. Seconds later the first course arrived! this meant the bread was put to one side... poor timing by any standards.
The main problem was my main course I had pan fried salmon. This shouldn't be the most challenging of dishes to prepare. On cutting into it the salmon was completely raw on the inside. The waitress apologised and took it away. Shortly afterwards a whole new dish was presented to me with further apologies and an insistence from the waitress that she waits to make sure this dish was right. UNBELIEVABLY IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME, PINK ON THE OUTSIDE AND RAW IN THE MIDDLE. Huge apologise and it was taken away again.
The third attempt was fine and very pleasant to eat but by then my party had eaten their food and I was left to eat alone. Ironically my wife told me that her dish, Sea Bass, was overcooked.
My meal was taken off the bill with more apologies but it really isn't good enough. I dread to think how the kitchen will cope with a full restaurant.

Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

This is the first time i have been since the change of hands...i was a little apprehensive as i got to know previous owner and head chef mr jackson very well and his food was irresistable, i was pleased however to find the standard of food very high...the restaurant looked as good as it ever has however as others have said the night was tainted by slightly sloppy service but im sure this will be ironed out in coming weeks

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Huddersfield
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Our first visit since the change of management. We live in Golcar so were hoping this would be first of many visits. I had Rib eye steak which was excellent! My wife had sea trout ( the mullet was not available) - excellent, but very very small potion and it would have been nice to be offered bread. Pudding and cheeseboad excellent. Wine by the glass, white and red were indifferent. Staff were very helpful and pleasant. So, the jury's out on whether we visit again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Theweaversrestaurant, Manager at The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Hello

Thank you so much for leaving a review for us at The Weavers. I am glad that you had a good visit with us. All comments made have been passed on to the relevant departments. Hope o see you soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011 via mobile

Came for a meal and was asked to remove my hat as a paying customer for poor service and medioca food,trying to hard most probably fail miserably.resteraunt with no idea about customer service.

• Stayed October 2011
Theweaversrestaurant, Manager at The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Hello. I apologise that you had a disappointing visit to us at The Weavers. All customers are kindly requested to remove hats when dining in our restaurant as many restaurants across the nation do. I must disagree with you on our service and food quality. We have served thousands of extremely happy customers in the 4 months that we have been open, many of which have already come back many times, proving we as a business is doing something right. Once again I am sorry that you felt that there was an issue and I hope you do try us again in the near future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011 via mobile

I would just like to specify that the weavers bar and restaurant with rooms has only been trading since early june and all reviews prior to this are from the previous restaurant the weavers shed. Thanks

• Stayed June 2011
manchester UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2011

Went last night for the first time, as we live just down the road so didn't stay, just used the restaurant.

Staff were very helpful and very friendly.

Food was very nice and well cooked,

Really nice rustic room with exposed yorkshire brickwork walls with a nice friendly atmosphere, perfect for our romantic meal

Can't fault the place really, only reason it didn't get 5 stars is because I only give 5 stars when I have been totally blown away...but this came close.

Thanks to all who served us

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2011

We happened upon The Weavers Shed quite by accident whilst travelling from Cornwall to Leeds to see a concert at The O2 Academy. On our way north we were flipping through a Sawday guide and found a sweet review for Weaver's. As it was late notice we were suprised to be pleasantly greeted on the telephone and set up with a room with no problem. Tired and weary from a long drive we arrived late to find warm and friendly staff catering to our every desire, offering us drinks and a dinner menu.
Being a family of mainly vegetarians there were many delicious options to choose from. The waiters and chef made a huge point to accomodate me with a gourmet Vegan entree and a specially prepared vegan dessert! It was to die for.
Without going into too much detail, as we were a bit fuzzy from good wine, fine food and warm service, our meal was absolutely lovely. Friendly and professtional service; incredible fairly priced food and wine. We stayed for two nights in a cozy, quiet room with a fantastic shower and opened our door every morning to fresh milk with our tea/coffee.
We left feeling refreshed and well looked after. On a final note, I would like to add that being American and having spent most of my time over the years in Cornwall and other parts of England- I was interested to get a feel for Yorkshire and it's people. If the staff at The Weaver's Shed is any type of representation for the people of Yorkshire, than it must be the friendliest, most welcoming part of England I have found. I look forward to coming back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Theweaversrestaurant, Manager at The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Hello. Thank you for your lovely comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you back in the future. We are extremely lucky to have some fantastic people working for us at The Weavers. Once again thank you.

Been to The Weavers Bar & Restaurant with rooms? Share your experiences!