“Recommended” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax

You added Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax to your Saves list
Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Ainley Top | Junction 24 M62, Huddersfield HD3 3RH, England   |
Ranked #14 of 15 Hotels in Huddersfield
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Stayed in a 3rd floor Twin Bedded Room at the Cedar Court Hotel. Ainley Top, Huddersfield over Saturday night early November 2013.Our room over looked the front car park and was spacious and nicely furnished in a modern style consisting of table and chairs, mirror, wardrobe, wide screen Tv, coffee making facilities and en suite bathroom shower and toilet. The room was very clean and the beds comfortable and it was quiet at night.The food was excellent with a 3 course evening meal and a buffet style Full English Breakfast in the morning with cereals and fruit.
The hotel has a nicely decorated lounge area where you can watch Tv in comfort and have a drink at the bar and the prices were reasonable. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, nothing was too much trouble. Would definitely stay again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Netsky271,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Kirsti.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Polish first
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

It is not in the censter, but with views of green garden. Hard to cross the highwayoutside in the rush hour, which is a pity an makes you feel being on an island. I needed to desinfect a needle after I got some of the local thorns in my hand climbing up the hill from the unsuccessful attempt of crossing the motorway. But there were none! lighters or matches in the whole hotel. Or cigarettes. But the bar was open as long as we wished. Bad selection of gin. In England! 2 types onløy. And bad beer. The food was a little sedate, but worked out fine for me. Rooms were standard. But they had NO adapters for continental 2 pin contacts! Strange. It is some kind of uncivilized feeling one can get here. But they have a spa that I never had time yo use.

Room Tip: Ask to have a room towards the garden.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Rolf-Erik N,

I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay overall.

As the hotel is a non-smoking property we do not stock supplies of either tobacco products or associated items. There is a 24 hour petrol station located just a five minute walk away for our guest's convenience. There are several designated crossing points around the hotel for pedestrians accessing the hotel via our main entrance, so I am not sure why you chose to access the hotel via climbing the grass banking.

We do stock popular brands throughout the bars at the hotel, I am sorry that these were not to your liking.

Our reception team do have a number of adapter plugs available on free loan to overseas guests, so perhaps if you stayed with us recently when we had a high number of foreign guests staying with us in conjunction with a local festival these may have all been out on loan.

I hope that you return to the hotel and we can have a further opportunity to demonstrate to you our high standards throughout.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in Yorkshire rose room, it was what we needed after stressful planning the wedding, we treated ourselves here and the staff put lovely rose petals on the bed and wine, staffs there is very helpful and polite, we had a great stay, the best bit was the spa colourful bathroom and huge bed, we slept very well as it very comfortable, I would go again when we need to escape from everything :)

• Stayed September 2013
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Louz7,

I am delighted to read that your stay in our Yorkshire Suite was a perfect little getaway and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you find another excuse to treat yourselves again!

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

The only good point I can make about this was being able to listen to Evander Holyfield talk about his life and boxing.
Service at the bars horrendous - two then ONE barman looking after a bar in a room with over 200 people.
The worst food I have ever experienced in my life - Luke warm see through Tomato soup, followed by some kind of chicken (I think) - pudding unidentifiable and even though they brought the cream and mints to the table I am still waiting for the coffee !!! The service was horrendous - it was as though they had taken a classroom of school leavers and told them to wait on the tables.
£69.50 per person - Cedar Court you should be ashamed !!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
CC_General_Manager, General Manager at Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Dear FLOJ1,

Thank you for your review, however I am surprised by your comments as we cannot recall any problems on the evening and nothing but positive feedback following the event that was held back in September.

In regards to the ticket price for the event, we provided the catering only, so therefore I cannot pass any comment, as this was a private event organised and hosted by a third party company using the hotel as a venue only.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Stayed at the Cedar Court Hotel last week for 2 nights. The deal entitled us to dinner, bed & breakfast on the 1st night and bed & breakfast on the 2nd. On arrival the receptionist could not find our reservation on the system however this was sorted quickly and our party had 2 rooms next door to each other. The meal on the 1st night far exceeded expectations and the waitress was excellent despite there being a couple of problems with drinks etc she was very helpful! Breakfast on the first morning was cooked to order and was great. The second morning was a buffet breakfast and this was not as good but still pleasant. The pool within the hotel is ok, the sauna/steam room are very small and the hot tubs cleanliness is questionable. Overall a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear LA1111,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that our front office team resolved the booking query efficiently and was able to allocate your party adjacent rooms. I'll be sure to pass on your comments about the restaurant onto the team and ensure that additional training is carried out.

Overall I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

I would say at the outset that I was dining with around 175 other people, as I was attending a function. Not withstanding I would have expected the meal to have been better, and I was not overly pleased with the service.

As I have mentioned, this was a function so I was having a pre set meal. For starters I had ham hock terrine, chutney and bread, and being honest, this was delightful. The best part of the meal. I then had Yorkshire Beef, puddings, and seasonal vegetables. It was at this point I asked if i could have a second gravy bowl, having explained that I do not like dry food. Grudgingly the waitress agreed, but her look said it all. Finally, we had Yorkshire parkin and ice cream. This by far is the worst desert I have ever had in my life. I could have used the parkin as a door wedge. It was huge in size, dry as a bone, and totally not palatable. As I looked around many of my diners had the same opinion as there were hardly any clean plates.

Regarding the hotel itself, it looks tired and dated. The dining room we were in looked like something from the 1980's. It was spacious but lacked any ambience. I think I am right in saying the hotel is currently undergoing some refurbishments. I actually visited this hotel around 20 year ago, and I have to say nothing much has changed in the meantime. The real positive for the hotel is that it is easily accessible being close to the M62. Overall I was disappointed and I am unlikely to return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AlexKrycek,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review after attending a function at the hotel in October, that was held in one of our function rooms.

I wish you had of expressed your dissatisfaction on the evening to myself or one of our other managers who working that evening, circulating the room and overseeing the event. On the evening we received nothing but praise from numerous attendees and we even received a complimentary letter after the event from the organising committee with great comments.

We are currently investing heavily within the hotel and have started with the bedrooms, with two refurbishment phases now complete and looking forward to commence the next phase in the beginning of 2014.

Wetherby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

On arrival is a large free car park, Reception staff were friendly and polite. The décor was a bit dated throughout. However the room was clean and the bathroom with bath and over shower were bright and modern. The hotel comes with gym and small swimming pool which was a nice bonus. I found the bar somewhat lacking in atmosphere but the staff were friendly and the prices were reasonable for a hotel. At breakfast there was plenty choices of food and drinks .All in all felt that at £48.60 plus £10 for breakfast that this was a good value for money hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear jimmac48,

Thank you for your review following your stay, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

We are currently looking at ways to improve the atmosphere in the bar-lounge area, which is easier said than done, as it is such a vast space, hopefully you will see changes upon your next visit to the hotel.

We look forward to welcomin you back to the hotel in the future.

Kirsti.

Been to Cedar Court Hotel - Huddersfield/Halifax? Share your experiences!